Art Baltazar at the 2011 New York Comic Con.
|Area(s)||Cartoonist, Writer, Penciller|
|The Cray-Baby Adventures
Captain Camel & the Space Chicken
|Awards||2011 Eisner Award for Best Publication for Kids|
Art Baltazar started making comic books with the his self-published comic book, The Cray-Baby Adventures. Since then he has created other comics such as Gyro-Man, Captain Camel & the Space Chicken, Jimmy Dydo, Lunar Lizard, Meteor Mite and Patrick the Wolf Boy.
Baltazar had a brief tenure with Warner Bros. and had a monthly comic strip in Disney Adventures Magazine titled "Gorilla Gorilla!". Baltazar has completed a graphic novel titled The Big Amoeba for Platinum Studios.
In 2012, Baltazar founded a comic book shop with his partner and co-owner Franco Aureliani. Baltazar was the artist and co-writer with Aureliani of Tiny Titans, for which the two won a 2011 Eisner Award for Best Publication for Kids. The Baltazar and Aureliani team co-wrote DC's Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! and the comic book adaptation of the animated TV series Young Justice. In 2012, DC launched a new series titled Superman Family Adventures which was written and drawn by Baltazar and Aureliani. Fuzzy, the Krypto Mouse, a character who appeared in a single story in Superboy #65 (June 1958), inspired a similar character created by Baltazar for Superman Family Adventures. In 2013, Baltazar and Aureliani launched a revival of The Green Team for DC. That series was cancelled in January 2014.
- Balthazar, Art. "Li'l Arthee – Art Balthazar as a baby".
- Art Baltazar at the Grand Comics Database
- "The Office of Alumni Relations is proud to announce the 2012 Alumni of the Year!". Columbia College Chicago. 2012. Archived from the original on April 23, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- "2011 Eisner Award Winners List". San Diego Comic-Con International. 2011. Archived from the original on April 23, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Parkin, JK (February 10, 2012). "First look at the cover to Superman Family Adventures #1". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on April 23, 2012. Retrieved April 23, 2012. "DC Comics has revealed the cover to the first issue of Superman Family Adventures, the new all-ages title by the former Tiny Titans team of Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani."
- Coleman, Jerry (w), Sikela, John (p), Sikela, John (i). "The Amazing Adventures of Krypto Mouse" Superboy 65 (June 1958)
- Nagorski, Alex (May 24, 2012). "Superman Family Adventures: Character Descriptions". DC Comics. Archived from the original on August 25, 2012. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- Rogers, Vaneta (February 24, 2013). "Art & Franco See Green Team as 'Most Outrageous' DC Book". Newsarama. Archived from the original on August 10, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Sunu, Steve (April 25, 2013). "Baltazar & Franco Finance The Green Team". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on August 10, 2013. Retrieved August 10, 2013.
- Johnston, Rich (October 14, 2013). "The End For Green Team: Teen Trillionaires… But Also Vibe And Katana?". Bleeding Cool. Archived from the original on October 19, 2013. Retrieved December 8, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Art Baltazar.|
- Official site
- Blind Wolf Studios
- Art Baltazar at the Comic Book DB
- Art Baltazar at Mike's Amazing World of Comics
- Geek To Me TV: Elliott talks to Art Baltazar & Franco RedEye interview at YouTube
|This profile of an American comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|