Art Plural Gallery
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2013)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2014)|
|Art Plural Gallery|
|Location||38 Armenian Street, Singapore|
|Director||Frédéric de Senarclens|
Art Plural Gallery is an art gallery in Singapore. It shows modern and contemporary art and design. It has been called one of the ten best contemporary art galleries in Singapore and in 2013 was named as one of the world's best new galleries.
The gallery was founded in 2011 by a Swiss art dealer, Frédéric de Senarclens. It occupies 1,100 square metres (12,000 sq ft) in a historic Art Deco building on Armenian Street, in the cultural district of Singapore. It opened on 3 June 2011 with "Avant Première", which included works by Marc Quinn, Fernando Botero, Fabienne Verdier, Bernar Venet and Shirin Neshat.
In early 2012 the gallery started its Emerging Artists programme to promote the work of promising artists at an early stage of their career. The programme offers the selected artist a first solo show in the gallery. Siddhartha Tawadey was the first artist to exhibit under this programme.
By 2013 about 35% of the clients of the gallery were from Singapore; some overseas clients visit the gallery. About 25% of sales are made online.
Catalogues published by the gallery include:
- Olivia Ludlow (2011). Regards Croisés: A Selection of Asian Contemporary Art.
- ——— , Henri-François Debailleux (2012). Pablo Reinoso: Scribbling Power.
- Joséphine Matamoros (2012). Tom Carr: Visualisation de la pensée. Barcelona: Comanegra; Singapore: Art Plural Gallery.
- Michael Stanley (2012). Ian Davenport: Between the Lines.
- Caroline Ward (2013). Chun Kwang Young.
- Michael Peppiatt, Jane A Peterson (2014). Art Plural: Voices of Contemporary Art. Singapore: Gatehouse.
- Ellen Von Wiegand. ([n.d.]) Art in the Lion City: The Ten Best Contemporary Art Galleries in Singapore. Theculturetrip.com. Accessed October 2013.
- Culture Stop: World's Best New Galleries and Museums. ArtInfo, 8 July 2013. Accessed October 2013.
- Jane A. Peterson (9 June 2011). Singapore Adds to Its Art Scene. The Wall Street Journal: Scene Asia. Accessed October 2013.
- Jane A. Peterson (4 October 2013). Swiss art dealer on taking a gamble and moving to Singapore. Financial Times (London). Accessed 13 November 2013.
- Jessica Miller (4 January 2012). Between Art and Design: Pablo Reinoso's Inaugural South Asian Exhibition in Singapore. Centurion Magazine. Accessed October 2013.
- Pablo Reinoso: Living Sculptures in Macau. Le French May. Accessed October 2013.
- Geraldine Lee (28 May 2012). Line and Colour: The Language of Ian Davenport. Artitute.com. Accessed October 2013.[unreliable source?]
- Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop (28 September 2012). 24 Questions For French Conceptual Artist Bernar Venet. ArtInfo. Archived 30 September 2013.
- Games of Desire to be exhibited at Art Plural Gallery. Singapore Business Review. Accessed October 2013.
- Kristiano Ang (8 February 2013). Chinese Technique, Applied to a Western Canvas] The Wall Street Journal: Scene Asia. Accessed October 2013.
- Helmi Yusof (8 February 2013). French Woman's Chinese Oeuvre. The Business Times [Singapore]. Accessed October 2013.
- Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop (5 June 2013). Chun Kwang Young on Changing Direction Ever So Slowly. ArtInfo. Accessed October 2013.
- Deepika Shetty (17 September 2013). A Cat and Mao Game for Art. Straits Times. Accessed October 2013.
- [s.n.] (12 September 2012). Indian Photographer Siddhartha Tawadey Inaugurates Art Plural Gallery’s Emerging Artist Programme. Art Radar Asia. Accessed October 2013.
- "Art Plural Gallery". OCLC WorldCat. Accessed January 2015.