12 June 1982
Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic, RSFSR, Soviet Union
|Residence||L.A., U.S.A. and England|
|Television||So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing with the Stars, Strictly Come Dancing|
|Spouse(s)||Giselle Peacock (2004-05; divorced)|
|Partner(s)||Carrie Ann Inaba (2006-08)
Kara Tointon (2010-present)
Chigvintsev was born at Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic, RSFSR, Soviet Union. He moved to the United States in 2003, and began dancing with champion ballroom dancer Giselle Peacock, who became his wife. Chigvintsev auditioned to appear as a contestant on the first series of So You Think You Can Dance. Chigvintsev was eliminated alongside his fellow contestant Melissa Vella, and returned as a guest choreographer for season two.
Strictly Come Dancing
In September 2010, Chigvintsev joined Strictly Come Dancing series 8 as a professional dancer, where he was partnered with actress Kara Tointon. The pair achieved good scores in the first five weeks of 30, 32, 31, 32, and 37. In week 5, they were awarded the first 10 of the series by Alesha Dixon for their paso doble. In week 6 they were top of the leaderboard with their salsa. They also had good scores for the next five weeks of 36, 38, 35, 34, and 38. In week 11, they got their highest score of 39 for the Viennese Waltz and Rumba and got the maximum 5/5 for the swing-a-thon. Chigvintsev and Tointon made it to the final along with Matt Baker and Pamela Stephenson. The pair went on to win the competition, beating Matt Baker and his partner Aliona Vilani into second place to be crowned series champions for 2010 . Chigvintsev is one of three professionals to win the series as a first time Strictly pro.
After their victory it was announced by Tointon that she and Chigvintsev were now in a relationship.
So You Think You Can Dance
In 2011, Chigvintsev was a choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance (UK series 2). He choreographed a Viennese Waltz to "She's Always a Woman" by Billy Joel for Katie Love & Luke Jackson. He choreographed a Cha-Cha-Cha to "Judas" by Lady Gaga for Bethany Rose Harrison & Lee Bridgman. For the final, he choreographed a Tango to "I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango)" by Grace Jones for Katie Love & Luke Jackson.
In 2011, Chigvintsev acted the part of lead choreographer in the CBeebies Christmas Pantomime, Cinderella.
- "Strictly Come Dancing 2011 - Professionals - Artem Chigvintsev". BBC.
- "Artem Chigvintsev". Curtis Brown (literary agents).
-  on digitalspy.co.uk
- "Kara Tointon to star in Strictly Come Dancing". Tv.sky.com. 20 December 2010. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- "Kara Tointon is crowned winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2010 after wowing judges with her stunning performances". Daily Mail. 18 December 2010. Retrieved 18 December 2010.
- Peter Hutchison (19 December 2010). "Kara Tointon 'in relationship' with Artem Chigvintsev". The Telegraph.
- Artem Chigvintsev on Curtis Brown
- Artem Chigvintsev at the Internet Movie Database
- Artem Chigvintsev on Twitter
Chris Hollins and Ola Jordan
|Strictly Come Dancing Champion
(with partner Kara Tointon)
Series 8 (2010)
Harry Judd and Aliona Vilani