Arthur Baker was the creator of a distinctive and dramatic style of brush and pen calligraphy.
Arthur Baker was born on the West coast of the United States.
He studied letter forms and historical calligraphic styles, about which he wrote many books. Baker designed his own pens and brushes.
Baker lives in Andover, Massachusetts. His hobbies include designing, making and flying paper airplanes.
- Baker Sans—Eddie Bauer catalog logo and text.
- Baker Signet—designed in 1965.
- Cold Mountain
- Collier Script
- Fish Face
- Kigali Block
- Kigali Decorative
- Kigali ZigZag
- Oak Graphic
- Signet—Coca-Cola used Signet Bold for the word 'Coke' and Fleet Bank uses it for its logo.
- Tiepolo—Lipton foods.
- Arthur Baker, Calligraphic Alphabets, (Dover, 1974)
- Arthur Baker, The Roman Alphabet, (Art Direction Book Co., 1976) ISBN 0-910158-23-1
- Arthur Baker, Dance of the pen, (Art Direction Book Co., 1978) ISBN 0-910158-45-2
- Arthur Baker, New Calligraphic Ornaments and Flourishes, (Mineola: Dover, 1981)
- Arthur Baker, Chancery Cursive: Stroke by Stroke, (Dover, 1982)
- Arthur Baker, Cut and Assemble Paper Airplanes That Fly, (Dover, 1982)
- Arthur Baker, Celtic Hand Stroke by Stroke (Irish Half-Uncial from "The Book of Kells"), (Dover, 1983)
- Arthur Baker, Calligraphic cut paper designs for artists and craftsmen, (Mineola: Dover, 1983)
- Arthur Baker, Calligraphic Swash Initials, (Dover, 1984)
- Arthur Baker, Arthur Baker's Historic Calligraphic Alphabets, (Dover)
- Arthur Baker, Encyclopedia of Calligraphy Styles