Arthur William Feuerstein (born December 20, 1935) is an American chess player and winner of the first U.S. Armed Forces Chess Championship. According to the U.S. Chess Federation, Feuerstein is the 8th highest ranked chess player over 65, regardless of country, residence or federation.
At age 21, Arthur won the U.S. Junior Blitz Championship, leaving newcomer Bobby Fischer in a close second place. The game between them ended in a draw. Feuerstein had a record of (+1−1=3) against Fischer, Feuerstein getting a win against Fisher in the 1956 Greater New York City Open.
The following year, the team was chosen to represent the U.S. again in Varna, where they took 6th place.
- The chess games of Arthur Feuerstein
- Top Quick Senior Regardless of Country, Residence or Federation[dead link]
- Biography of Bobby Fischer - Chess.com
- OlimpBase :: 4th World Student Team Chess Championship, Reykjavik 1957, United States
- OlimpBase :: 5th World Student Team Chess Championship, Varna 1958, team results
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|