Arthur Granville Soames
He was born on 12 October 1886 in Wingerworth, Derbyshire, England. He was the son of Harold Soames, brewer, of Chesterfield, Derbyshire and his wife Katherine Mary Hill, who came from a long line of Russian merchants based in St Petersburg. He was the brother of Auriol Davidson née Soames (who died under a train in Cheshunt in April 1919) and of Olave St. Clair Baden-Powell née Soames, World Chief Guide.
- Sanchia Mary (Bunty) Soames (21 Sept 1914 - 1 Jan 1953)
- Diana Katherine (Dido) Soames (24 Sept 1917 - ?), m. 1939 Lt.Col. Hugh William Cairns, M.C.
- (Arthur) Christopher (John) Soames (12 Oct 1920 - Sept 1987 - nephew of the Chief Scout and son-in-law of Winston Churchill)
They divorced in 1934, and Arthur re-married twice:
- On 23 Oct 1934 in London to Annette Constance Jardine née Fraser (b. Sep 1876, East Grinstead, Sussex, England 
- On 16 Mar 1948 to Audrey Alma Humphreys.
He inherited the mansion and estate of Sheffield Park, Sussex, from his father's childless brother, Arthur Gilstrap Soames and sold the estate in 1953. He also disposed of part of his extensive library around that time.
He died in a London hospital on 6 July 1962.
- "The Derbyshire childhood of Olave Lady Baden-Powell" by Jill Armstrong
- http://www.archive.org/stream/visitationofengl18howa/visitationofengl18howa_djvu.txt page 93
- More data and References to follow
- http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/Personnel/ServiceRecords/MakingARequestForInformationHeldOnThePersonnelRecordsOfDeceasedServicePersonnelAndHomeGuardRecords.htm Records can be obtained via this WebSite for £30
- Marriage notice in The Times, Monday, 22 Dec 1913, p.1, reads: SOAMES : PARISH.--On the 20th Dec., at the Guards' Chapel, Wellington Barracks, by the Rev. Cyril J. Howell, Vicar of St. Mary's, Graham-street, assisted by the Revd. Dallas Ennis, Chaplain to the Brigade of Guards, ARTHUR GRANVILLE, son of Mr. and Mrs. HAROLD SOAMES, Lilliput, Dorsetshire, and HOPE MARY WOODBINE, daughter of Mr. and the HONBLE. Mrs. CHARLES WOODBYNE PARISH, 58, Ennismore-gardens.
- The wedding report in The Times, Monday, 22 Dec 1913, p.11, reads (in part): MR. A.G. SOAMES AND MISS PARISH. The marriage of Mr. Arthur Granville Soames, Coldstream Guards, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Soames, of Lilliput, Dorset, and Miss Hope Mary Woodbine Parish, daughter of Mr. and the Hon. Mrs. Charles Woodbyne Parish, of 58, Ennismore-gardens, took place on Saturday at the Guards' Chapel, Wellington Barracks. ...
- Marriage notice in The Times, 25 October 1934, p. 1, reads: SOAMES : JARDINE.---On Oct. 23, 1934, by the Rev. Dr. Geikie-Cobb, D.D., CAPTAIN A. GRANVILLE SOAMES to ANNETTE CONSTANCE, widow of ROBERT JARDINE. England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005 (ancestry.com) gives: Name: Arthur G Soames / Spouse Surname: Jardine / Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1934 / Registration district: London City / Registration county (inferred): Middlesex / Volume Number: 1c / Page Number: 22, for marriage to Annette C Jardine.
- Death notice in The Times, Saturday, 7 Jul 1962, p.10