Arthur Grossman is an American bassoonist and professor of music.
He served as principal bassoon for the Indianapolis Symphony, the Cincinnati Symphony, and the Israel Philharmonic. He became faculty for the Conservatory of Music of Puerto Rico followed by the University of Washington. During his tenure at the University of Washington, he also served as Associate Dean for Arts of the College of Arts and Sciences, a position which he held for 10 years.
Grossman is known among classical musicians and critics for his "technical facility", his "attention to musical detail" and a "dark, velvety tone quality". He is also recognized in the United States as a notable player of the heckelphone.
- Dunphy, Mary Elayne (22 September 1968). "Wind Quintet Joins U.W. Music School". The Seattle Times.
- Ament, Deloris Tarzan (1 August 1993). "Budget Cuts Target Safety, Classes At UW Art School". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Soni Ventorum - Artists". Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Basoonist Arthur Grossman". CD - Crystal Records Dist. #840. Crystal Records.
- Bargreen, Melinda (16 October 1996). "For Bassoon Fans, It Was A Night To Remember". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Hurd, Peter (2001). "Renaissance for Heckelphone". The Double Reed 24 (1): 86. Retrieved 22 September 2013.