||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Arthur Kemp is a British writer and the owner of Ostara Publications who was from 2009 to 2011 the foreign affairs spokesperson for the British National Party before resigning from that party. He was born in Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) and worked as a journalist in South Africa before moving to the United Kingdom.
Career in South Africa
Kemp was born in Southern Rhodesia, spending his formative early political years in South Africa. Kemp worked as a journalist for the South African Conservative Party, which opposed South Africa's transition to universal suffrage. Kemp also wrote for The Citizen newspaper.
In 1993, Kemp was a prosecution witness in the trial relating to the murder of the South African Communist Party leader Chris Hani. Kemp gave evidence against Clive Derby-Lewis and his wife saying they admitted their involvement during a lunch the three had together two days after Hani's death. Clive Derby-Lewis and the actual assassin, Janusz Walus, were found guilty and sentenced to death (both death sentences were later commuted to life), while Gaye Derby-Lewis was acquitted.
British National Party
Having moved to the UK in 1996, Kemp became manager of Excalibur, the British National Party (BNP)'s merchandising arm, but as of November 2010, he no longer held that position. Kemp was then placed in charge of maintaining the BNP website. Under his management, the BNP website climbed in Alexa rankings to the 700th most popular website in Britain and to an average of 12,000 in the world as of June 2009.
Andrew Johnson of The Independent wrote in 2009 that Kemp "was spotted in the BNP's election headquarters in Wales preparing thousands of campaign leaflets." The BNP released a video of the European election leaflet operation which provided evidence that the operation was under the control of the Birmingham BNP activist Richard Lumby.
In March 2011, Kemp resigned from all positions in the party including that of web editor, foreign affairs spokesman and Advisory Council member. No official reason was given.
On 2 September 2011, Kemp announced on his blog that he was no longer a member of the BNP.
In 1990 in South Africa he published a book on the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB – Afrikaner Resistance Movement), Victory Or Violence: The Story of the AWB, which he re-published in 2009 as Victory Or Violence: The Story of the AWB of South Africa. This book was subsequently updated and revised in 2012 to include information about the murder of Eugène Terre'Blanche.
Kemp has written and self-published several books including March of the Titans: A History of the White Race, which says that race—understood in biological terms—is the driving engine in history. An article in The Guardian says that the book questions the number of Jews killed in the Second World War, and "is popular with far-right activists around the world". In the Western Mail news article he is quoted as saying, "I deny outright that my book denies the Holocaust." The book itself is quoted as saying "... certainly far fewer died than what is most often claimed. Increasingly, all the evidence urges a complete revision of this aspect of the history of World War Two."
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, in 2005, some of Kemp's writings have been reproduced in National Alliance publications, and the National Alliance awarded him the "Dr. William Pierce Award for Investigative Journalism", which brought with it a $250 prize, for his article in National Vanguard, "White South Africa: What Went Wrong?". That article had appeared on the internet prior to its publication in National Vanguard magazine on Kemp's blog and in a book he published called The Lie of Apartheid.
- Victory Or Violence - The Story of the AWB of South Africa (1990, republished 2009, 2012) ISBN 978-1471067464
- March of the Titans: a history of the White Race (1999, reprinted and expanded 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011) ISBN 978-1105328749; reprinted in two volumes in 2013 as March of the Titans: The Complete History of the White Race: Volume I: The Rise of Europe ISBN 978-1480242296; and March of the Titans: The Complete History of the White Race: Volume II: Europe and the World ISBN 978-1490909134.
- Jihad: Islam's 1,300 Year War Against Western Civilisation (2008) ISBN 978-1409205029
- The Immigration Invasion (2008) ISBN 978-1409243632
- The Lie of Apartheid and Other True Stories from Southern Africa (2009) ISBN 978-1409254218
- Four Flags: The Indigenous People of Britain (2010) ISBN 978-1445287751
- Headline: The Best of BNP News: The Stories Which Helped Propel the British National Party into the Political Mainstream. Volume I, July–December 2008 (2011), ISBN 978-1409289203.
- Headline: The Best of BNP News: The Stories Which Helped Propel the British National Party into the Political Mainstream. Volume II, January–June 2009. (2011) ISBN 978-1409289958.
- The Children of Ra: Artistic, Historical and Genetic Evidence For Ancient White Egypt (2012) ISBN 978-1471005626
- Folk And Nation Underpinning The Ethnostate (2012) ISBN 978-1447594925, reprinted 2012 as Folk and Nation: Ethnonationalism Explained ISBN 978-1291166163
- Nova Europa: European Survival Strategies in a Darkening World (2013) ISBN 978-1291263602
Notes and references
- "Ostara Publications".
- Shipton, Martin (7 May 2009). "Revealed: The Welsh warehouse at heart of BNP Euro campaign; I'm no white supremacist, insists BNP activist Kemp". Western Mail. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- Mickolus, Edward F; Simmons, Susan L. (1997). Terrorism, 1992-1995: a chronology of events and a selectively annotated bibliography. Greenwood. p. 370.
- Carlin, John (7 October 1993). "Net widens". The Independent.
- Kemp, Arthur (2010). "Conspiracies and the Assassination of Chris Hani". The Lie of Apartheid. Lulu.com. p. 87.
- Taylor, Matthew (8 May 2009). "BNP's attempt to gain first European seat aided by man linked to ANC leader's killer". The Guardian.
- "Christian Christmas Cards Back in Stock, Announces New Excalibur Manager".
- "Excalibur, Dispatch Move to Bigger Premises under New Management". Archived from the original on 30 April 2010.
- Muir, Hugh; Taylor, Matthew (10 June 2004). "White supremacist aids BNP". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Johnson, Andrew (10 May 2009). "BNP activist was linked to South Africa murder"". The Independent.
- "A look behind the scenes at Euro depot".
- "Arthur Kemp's Blog".
- "Free at Last, Thank God, Free at Last".
- Kemp, Arthur (April 16, 2012). Victory or Violence: The Story of the AWB of South Africa. Ostara Publications.
- Arthur, Kemp. March of the Titans.
- Beirich, Heidi (Winter 2007). "White Supremacist Arthur Kemp Steps Up as Leader of the Neo-Nazi Group National Alliance". Intelligence Report (Southern Poverty Law Center) (128).
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Arthur Kemp|
- Blog site of Arthur Kemp
- Official biography
- Arthur Kemp, March of the Titans: A History of the White Race
- Ostara Publications