||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Arthur Kemp is a British writer and the owner of Ostara Publications who was from 2009 to 2011 the foreign affairs spokesperson for the British National Party before resigning from that party. He was born in Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) and worked as a journalist in South Africa before moving to the United Kingdom.
Career in South Africa
Kemp was born in Southern Rhodesia, spending his formative early political years in South Africa. Kemp worked as a journalist for the South African Conservative Party, which opposed South Africa's transition to universal suffrage,. Kemp also wrote for The Citizen newspaper.
Kemp was conscripted and served as a sergeant in the South African Police in Johannesburg from 1987 to 1988.
In 1993, Kemp was a witness in the prosecution relating to the murder of the South African Communist Party leader Chris Hani. A 2007 report from the Southern Poverty Law Center asserted that he left South Africa because he testified in the trials of Janusz Waluś and Clive Derby-Lewis. On his personal website, Kemp dismissed the SPLC's report as "total rubbish", saying that they did not even get his year of birth correct.
Kemp has written that he was later expelled from the Conservative Party for publicly opposing apartheid and arguing in favour of Afrikaner separatism.
British National Party
Having moved to the UK in 1996, Kemp became manager of Excalibur, the British National Party (BNP)'s merchandising arm, but as of November 2010, no longer held that position. Kemp was then placed in charge of maintaining the BNP website. Under his management, the BNP website climbed in Alexa rankings to the 700th most popular website in Britain and to an average of 12,000 in the world as of June 2009. Andrew Johnson of The Independent wrote that Kemp "was spotted in the BNP's election headquarters in Wales preparing thousands of campaign leaflets." The BNP released a video of the European election leaflet operation which provided evidence that the operation was under the control of the Birmingham BNP activist Richard Lumby.
In March 2011, Kemp resigned from all positions in the party including that of web editor, foreign affairs spokesman and Advisory Council member. No official reason was given.
On 2 September 2011, Kemp announced on his blog that he was no longer a member of the BNP.
In 1990 in South Africa he published a book on the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB - Afrikaner Resistance Movement), Victory Or Violence - The Story of the AWB, which he re-published in 2009 as Victory Or Violence - The Story of the AWB of South Africa. This book was subsequently updated and revised in 2012 to include the murder of Eugène Terre'Blanche.
Kemp has written and self-published several books including March of the Titans: a history of the White Race, which says that race —understood in biological terms — is the driving engine in history. An article in The Guardian says that the book questions the number of Jews killed in the Second World War, and "is popular with far-right activists around the world". In the Western Mail news article he is quoted as saying, "I deny outright that my book denies the Holocaust." The book itself is quoted as saying "... certainly far fewer died that what is most often claimed. Increasingly, all the evidence urges a complete revision of this aspect of the history of World War Two."
According to the SPLC, in 2005, some of Kemp's writings have been reproduced in National Alliance publications, and the group awarded him the "Dr. William Pierce Award for Investigative Journalism", which brought with it a $250 prize, for his article in National Vanguard, "White South Africa: What Went Wrong?". That article had appeared on the internet prior to its publication in National Vanguard magazine on Kemp's blog and in a book he published called The Lie of Apartheid.
- Victory Or Violence - The Story of the AWB of South Africa (1990, republished 2009, 2012) ISBN 978-1471067464
- March of the Titans: a history of the White Race (1999, reprinted and expanded 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011) ISBN 978-1105328749; reprinted in two volumes in 2013 as March of the Titans: The Complete History of the White Race: Volume I: The Rise of Europe ISBN 978-1480242296; and March of the Titans: The Complete History of the White Race: Volume II: Europe and the World ISBN 978-1490909134.
- Jihad: Islam's 1,300 Year War Against Western Civilisation (2008) ISBN 978-1409205029
- The Immigration Invasion (2008) ISBN 978-1409243632
- The Lie of Apartheid and Other True Stories from Southern Africa (2009) ISBN 978-1409254218
- Four Flags: The Indigenous People of Britain (2010) ISBN 978-1445287751
- The Children of Ra: Artistic, Historical and Genetic Evidence For Ancient White Egypt (2012) ISBN 978-1471005626
- Folk And Nation Underpinning The Ethnostate (2012) ISBN 978-1447594925, reprinted 2012 as Folk and Nation: Ethnonationalism Explained ISBN 978-1291166163
- Nova Europa: European Survival Strategies in a Darkening World (2013) ISBN 978-1291263602
Notes and references
- Martin Shipton (7 May 2009). "Revealed: The Welsh warehouse at heart of BNP Euro campaign; I'm no white supremacist, insists BNP activist Kemp". Western Mail. Retrieved 31 July 2010.
- Mickolus, Edward F. & Simmons, Susan L., Terrorism, 1992-1995: a chronology of events and a selectively annotated bibliography Greenwood (1997) p370
- John Carlin, "Net widens", The Independent, 7 October 1993
- Heidi Beirich, "White Supremacist Arthur Kemp Steps Up as Leader of the Neo-Nazi Group National Alliance", Southern Poverty Law Center Intelligence Report, Winter 2007, Issue Number: 128
- Arthur Kemp, "He’s Everywhere: The Myth of Me, the Superman Who Does Everything", www.arthurkemp.com, 4 December 2007
- page 87, "Conspiracies and the Assassination of Chris Hani" in Kemp, Arthur The Lie of Apartheid Lulu.com 2010
- Matthew Taylor, "BNP's attempt to gain first European seat aided by man linked to ANC leader's killer", The Guardian, 8 May 2009
- / "Christian Christmas Cards Back in Stock, Announces New Excalibur Manager"
- "Excalibur, Dispatch Move to Bigger Premises under New Management"
- Andrew Johnson, "BNP activist was linked to South Africa murder", The Independent, 10 May 2009
- A look behind the scenes at Euro depot
- Free at Last, Thank God, Free at Last
- Arthur Kemp, Victory or Violence: The Story of the AWB of South Africa, Ostara Publications, April 16, 2012.
- Arthur Kemp, March of the Titans
-  arthurkemp.com
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Arthur Kemp|
- Blog site of Arthur Kemp
- Official biography
- Arthur Kemp, March of the Titans: A History of the White Race
- Ostara Publications