Arthur Knight (bishop)
He was educated at Rossall and Pembroke College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1890, he was initially a Curate at St Andrew’s, Bishop Auckland before becoming Fellow and Dean of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge and a Lecturer in Divinity at the university. He was elevated to the Episcopate in 1903 and served for six years, afterwards becoming Warden of St Augustine’s Missionary College, Canterbury. His last post was as Rector of Lyminge.
- Obituary Dr. A. M. Knight The Times Friday, Oct 06, 1939; pg. 10; Issue 48429; col D
- National Church Institutions Database of Manuscripts and Archives
- "Knight, Arthur Mesac (KNT883AM)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Ordinations. Durham The Times Thursday, Feb 20, 1890; pg. 13; Issue 32940; col F
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, John Phillips, 1900
- “Christian Missions in Burma” Purser, WCB Westminster, SPG, 1911
- Historic Canterbury
- “Who was Who”1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
|Church of England titles|
John Miller Strachan
|Bishop of Rangoon
1903 – 1909
Rolleston Sterritt Fyffe