Arthur Lionel Smith
A. L. Smith studied at Balliol College, Oxford from 1869 to 1874.
In 1879, Smith married Mary Smith, with whom he had nine children. They first lived at 7 Crick Road in North Oxford until 1893. Their daughter Miriam married the diplomat Sir Reader Bullard. His daughter Rosalind married Oxford historian Edward Murray Wrong.
- Balliol Archives Exhibitions — Arthur Lionel Smith (1850–1924), Balliol College, Oxford, UK.
- Salter, H. E. and Lobel, Mary D., ed. (1954). "Balliol College". A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 3: The University of Oxford. Victoria County History. pp. 82–95. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
- A. L. Smith paper, Balliol College, Oxford, UK.
- Symonds, Ann Spokes. "Families: The A.L. Smiths". The Changing Faces of North Oxford: Book One. Robert Boyd Publications. pp. 117–118. ISBN 1-899536-25-6.
- "Bullard, Sir Reader (William)". Who's Who, 1956 (108th ed.). London: Adam and Charles Black. 1956. p. 408.
James Leigh Strachan-Davidson
|Master of Balliol College, Oxford
Alexander Dunlop Lindsay
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|