Arthur W. Perdue Stadium
Interior of Arthur W. Perdue Stadium
|Location||6400 Hobbs Road
Salisbury, MD 21804
|Owner||City of Salisbury|
|Operator||7th Inning Stretch LP|
|Field size||Left Field: 309 feet
Center Field: 402 feet
Right Field: 309 feet
|Broke ground||August 18, 1994|
|Opened||April 17, 1996|
|Construction cost||$11.5 million
($17.3 million in 2015 dollars)
|Architect||The Design Exchange|
|Project manager||National Sports Services|
|Structural engineer||Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc.|
|General contractor||W. B. Venables & Sons, Inc.|
|Delmarva Shorebirds (SAL) (1996–present)|
The Arthur W. Perdue Stadium is a baseball stadium in Salisbury, Maryland. It is the home of the Baltimore Orioles Class A affiliate Delmarva Shorebirds, and was named for the founder of Perdue Farms, Arthur Perdue. It features the Maryland Eastern Shore Baseball Hall of Fame. The stadium seats 5,200 fans and was opened in 1996. As the second largest seating venue in Salisbury, it also occasionally is used for concerts or other events. The larger Wicomico Youth and Civic Center has a real covenant against serving alcohol. As such, the stadium was chosen as the venue for Fernando Guerrero's middleweight title-winning boxing match in October 2009. Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical systems for the stadium were designed by Richard C. Sokoloski, P.E., who also provided engineering services for many commercial buildings in Maryland along with Daniel S. Frawley stadium in Wilmington, DE.
- "Groundbreaking For Eastern Shore Minor League Park". The Washington Post. August 19, 1994. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Arthur W. Perdue Stadium Salisbury, Maryland". Davis, Bowen & Friedel, Inc. Retrieved March 8, 2014.
- Perdue Stadium | Delmarva Shorebirds Arthur W. Perdue Stadium
- Arthur W. Perdue Stadium Views - Ball Parks of the Minor Leagues
|This article about a baseball venue in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|