Article One (band)
|Origin||London, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop rock, CCM|
|Years active||2003 – 2011|
|Labels||Inpop Records (2007-2010)
|Past members||Mark Laidman|
Article One is a Canadian Christian rock band from London, Ontario. The band's lineup features Nathan Piche (vocals, guitars, keyboards), Matt Piche (violin, vocals), Dave DeSmit (drums, vocals), and Nolan Verner (bass guitar).
Nathan and Matt Piche were brought up in a musical household. Their parents are music teachers and their sister is a classical guitarist. Their father was a Christian musician who toured the country as a solo artist. Matt started playing violin when he was five years old and Nathan started playing piano a year later. Dave DeSmit's musical studies began in early elementary school.
Article One played their final show Wednesday June 15, 2011 at Highland Lakes Camp and Conference Center. It was also the first and last show of new bassist, Jason Tinnel.
The band was originally named Appertain Display. The band took its current name from the first article of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which was featured by U2 on their Vertigo Tour. The declaration states that "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood."
On May 8, 2007 they released their major label self-titled first album through Inpop Records. Their second album was released on May 27, 2008. A special edition of their second album was released in Japan and included the song "In No Time At All" from their debut album as a bonus track.
|2003||Appertain Display EP||Independent|
|2008||Colors and Sounds||Inpop Records|
|2008||Colors and Sounds (Japanese Special Edition)||EMI Japan|
Their song "Without You I'm Not Alright" reached the No. 8 on the U.S. Contemporary Christian Music chart in June 2008. "Taken By The Storm" climbed into the Top 10 on the U.S. Contemporary Christian Music chart.
|2008||Without You (I'm Not Alright)||Colors and Sounds|
|2008||Taken By the Storm||Colors and Sounds|
|2010||The One (I'm Fighting For)||The One (I'm Fighting For) EP|
Songs on Compilations
- Launch: Inferno, "Slow Down" (CMC, 2007)
- YourMusicZone.com No. 1s, "Say It Again" (CMC, 2007)
- Canada Rocks, "Without You (I'm Not Alright)" (CMC, 2008)
- Sea to Sea: Christmas, "One Gift" (Lakeside, 2009)
- Now Hear This: Winter 2010 Sampler, "Love You Tomorrow" (Sparrow, 2010)
- 2006 nominee, New Artist of the Year
- 2008 Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year: Colors and Sounds
- 2008 nominee, Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year: "Without You (I’m Not Alright)"
- 2009 nominee, Contemporary Christian/Gospel Album of the Year: Colors and Sounds
- 2011 nominee, Contemporary Christian/Gospel Album of the Year: Clarity
- Article One Biography; Christian Music Central; Retrieved 2008-04-08
- Article One (July 12, 2011). "Thank You!". ArticleOneMusic.com. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
- Reaney, James (June 8, 2011). "Final chapter for Article One". The London Free Press. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
- Article One Biography; Jesus Freak Hideout; Retrieved 2008-04-08
- Music review of Article One; Russ Breimeier; May 2007; Christianity Today; Retrieved 2008-04-08
- Contemporary Christian Music Chart for R&R magazine as reported at the Weekend 22; 5 April 2008; Retrieved 2008-04-05
-  R&R magazine; Retrieved 2008-01-14
-  Juno Nominations; Retrieved 2009-02-27
- Article One Official website