Arts Marketing Association
Logo in use since December 2005
|Private company limited by guarantee|
|Industry||Arts marketing, Professional association|
|Founded||October 22, 1993|
Number of employees
Set up in 1993 and based in Cambridge, United Kingdom, the AMA's members are drawn from across the cultural sector, including from theatres, museums, galleries, heritage institutions and arts agencies. The organisation has around 1,700 members, whom it supports through the provision of events, courses, training and resources.
The organisation bills itself as a "community of knowledge" which supports the professional development of its members through publications, networking and events. As well as regular email bulletins to its members containing sector news, events and opportunities, the AMA publishes a print magazine, JAM - the Journal of Arts Marketing, four times a year.
The AMA holds an annual conference, held in a different city every July. Past conference locations have included Glasgow Royal Concert Hall in 2011, Brighton Dome in 2012, and Sheffield City Hall in 2013. Several conference bursaries are made available, including one for an Australian arts marketer, in partnership with the Australia Council.
In April 2013, the AMA launched CultureHive, an online learning hub intended to share examples of good practice in marketing across the cultural sector. Funding for the project came from Arts Council England, and it was created in partnership with The Audience Agency. As well as the website, the CultureHive programme was broadened to include a series of workshops and surgeries run by the AMA and The Audience Agency.
- "The Arts Marketing Association (AMA)". Arts Council England. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "About the AMA". Arts Marketing Association. 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Arts Marketing Association". culture360.org. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "JAM the journal of arts marketing". Arts Marketing Association. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Unitt, Chris (24 July 2011). "Notes from the Arts Marketing Association Conference 2011". Made Media. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "AMA (Arts Marketing Association) conference 2012 in Brighton - Vox Pops". Impact Ideas. 23 Aug 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Sheffield to host Arts Marketing Association Annual Conference". Sheffield International Venues. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Bledsoe, Elliott (18 April 2012). "Arts Marketing Association Conference bursary awarded to STCSA Marketing Manager". Australia Council for the Arts. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Free online cultural marketing resource CultureHive to launch on 23 April". Arts Council England. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "CultureHive best practice". The Audience Agency. 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.