|Location||Stepanakert, de facto Nagorno Karabakh Republic, de jure Azerbaijan|
Artsakh State University is the main and the biggest public university in the Nagorno Karabakh Republic. Currently, the university prepares specialists in 31 areas. The university has established close ties with other educational institutions and universities in Armenia and other countries. Artsakh State University is the university with the best reputation in Nagorno Karabakh.
Study abroad program
In 2011, with the help of Artsakh Development Group, a non-profit organization that helps bring awareness in the United States about issues concerning Artsakh, the university launched a study abroad program. The program was launched with the California State University at Dominguez Hills to allow 12-15 students to spend a summer in Artsakh and take courses on politics, history, and economy regarding Artsakh and Armenia.
In 2006, a team of international archaeologists began doing research in the village of Azokh where in the 1970s it was discovered that the place is a home to ancient settlers, including Neanderthals. Armenian scientists, including two Artsakh State University students, have been active participants throughout the research period.
- Central European College in Skalica, Skalica
- Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, Yerevan
- California State University, Dominguez Hills, Los Angeles County, California
- Artsakh State University, 4 International Colleges & Universities website (Retrieved 2014-02-18)
- Nagorno Karabakh Republic Artsakh. Office of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic in the USA (Government of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic). Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Education. Office of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic in the USA (Government of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic). Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- "ADG Launches Study Abroad Program in Karabakh". Asbarez.com. 2011-12-06. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Hetq.am. (1921). Hetq. [online] Retrieved from: http://hetq.am/eng/culture/0609-azokh.html [Accessed: 18 Feb 2014].