Artur with Benfica in 2012
|Full name||Artur Guilherme Moraes Gusmão|
|Date of birth||25 January 1981|
|Place of birth||Leme, Brazil|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2006–2007||→ Coritiba (loan)||25||(0)|
|2008||→ Cesena (loan)||18||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 September 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Artur started his career at Paulista. In 2003 he was loaned to Cruzeiro, who signed him in definitive in 2003. He was on loan to Coritiba for the 2006 and 2007 season. He was the first choice keeper in 2006 season, ahead Kleber and Rodrigo. But in 2007 season Édson Bastos became the first choice.
On 25 June 2008, Artur completed a transfer to Roma from Siena along with his team mate Simone Loria in an exchange deal which saw Roma goalkeeper Gianluca Curci move to Siena in a co-ownership deal and Roma midfielder Ahmed Barusso move on loan to the Tuscan based club. Daniele Galloppa, owned by both Roma & Siena, also became a Siena player to all effects as part of the deal. He made his unofficial debut in the first pre-season friendly of Roma, when they suffered a 3–1 defeat to Steaua Bucharest.
In April 2009, he became first choice after the injury of Doni, ahead Júlio Sérgio and Pietro Pipolo. In 2009–10 season, he was dropped, as the coach preferred Júlio Sérgio as first choice, Bogdan Lobonţ and Doni as backup.
In summer 2010 he left for Braga, as the club lost Eduardo and Paweł Kieszek. He was the backup of Mário Felgueiras as the 2010–11 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round as new signing Quim injured. He then became Felipe's understudy ahead Marcos. After Felipe returned to Brazil in December, he became the first choice.
In 2012–13, Artur's performances worsened with various mistakes against Porto, Estoril Praia, and in the Portuguese Cup final defeat by Vitória Guimarães. Despite this, manager Jorge Jesus maintained his confidence on him.
After a string of mistakes midway through the 2013–14 campaign, manager Jorge Jesus dropped him in favour of Oblak, and the latter went on to keep several clean sheets in his first starts, notably in a 2–0 home win against Porto. He ended the season in the bench, and was told to look for a new club.
After Oblak's departure, Artur regained his place in the starting eleven in the Supertaça, being an important part in the victory over Rio Ave, defending 3 penalties in the shootout. On 31 August 2014, in a Lisbon derby, Artur made a mistake, by giving the ball away to Islam Slimani who scored the equalizer. On 16 September 2014, in the first matchday of Champions League, against Zenit, he was sent off in the eighteenth minute for a professional foul on Danny outside of the box.
- Brazilian League: 2003
- Brazilian Cup: 2003
- Minas Gerais State Championship: 2003, 2004
- Brazilian League Second Division: 2007
- Primeira Liga: 2013–14
- Taça de Portugal: 2013–14; Runner-up 2012–13
- Taça da Liga: 2011–12, 2013–14
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2014
- UEFA Europa League: Runner-up 2012–13, 2013–14
- "Artur joga nesta tarde" (in Portuguese). coritiba.com.br. 3 March 2007. Retrieved 3 July 2009.
- "Formalizzato l'acquisto di Porta. Tesserato Gusmao". AC Siena (in Italian). 4 January 2008. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- OPERAZIONI DI MERCATO REALIZZATE ALLA DATA DEL 25 GIUGNO 2008
- "Spalletti Left Sour By Steaua". Goal.com. 27 July 2008. Archived from the original on 27 July 2008. Retrieved 27 July 2008.
- "Artur Joins Benfica". record.xl.pt. 16 May 2011. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- "Rei Artur Moraes 2011/2012". youtube.com.
- "Benfica 2-2 Porto: four goals in the first twenty minutes, then Matic and Fernando dominate". zonalmarking.net.
- "Benfica 1-1 Estoril (Final)". rr.sapo.pt.
- "Guimarães claim famous cup win". portugoal.net.
- "Jesus e Artur insultados por adeptos" [Jesus and Artur insulted by the fans]. desporto.pt.msn.com.
- "Jesus insiste em concorrente para Artur" [Jesus demands competition for Artur]. Record.pt.
- "Oblak fecha a porta da baliza ao dragão" [Oblak closes goal to dragon] (in Portuguese). Record. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Oblak morde os calcanhares ao melhor Artur" [Oblak bites best Artur in the heels] (in Portuguese). Record. 20 January 2014. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Artur está no mercado". www.record.xl.pt. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Benfica seal Super Cup win on penalties". UEFA.com. 11 August 2014.
- "Benfica 0-0 Rio Ave (3-2 on penalties): Portuguese champions win another trophy". Goal.com. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Benfica 1 x 1 Sporting: Goleiro brasileiro falha no primeiro clássico português da temporada". Goal.com. 31 August 2014.
- "Matchday live". UEFA. 16 September 2014. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Artur Moraes.|
- Official website (Portuguese)
- Profile at S.L. Benfica (Portuguese)
- artur-moraes.net (Portuguese)
- Artur Moraes – UEFA competition record
- Artur Moraes career stats at Soccerbase
- Artur Moraes profile at Soccerway