|Stable release||3.1 / May 27, 2012|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Raster graphics editor|
|License||Freeware / Proprietary software|
Artweaver is a raster graphics editor for Windows developed by Boris Eyrich, mainly oriented to professional and amateur artists who are familiar with commercial programs like Adobe Photoshop and especially Corel Painter.
Like the latter, Artweaver is capable of simulating a wide range of classical effects (such as oil paints, acrylics, pastels, pencils, airbrushes, etc.) to create natural-looking artistic images. It also offers effect filters like sharpen, blur, emboss, and mosaic, as well as transparency and layer support in its own AWD format. Artweaver supports most common file formats, such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, TGA, TIFF, PNG, PSD, although the BMP, GIF, JPEG, and PNG formats do not have layer support. The program also has standard image editing tools like gradient, crop, fill and selection tools (including lasso and magic wand), and pen tablet support.
- Jason Fitzpatrick (2008-09-30). "Photoshop Alternative Artweaver Helps Edit Your Images". Lifehacker.com. Archived from the original on 28 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "More information to Artweaver: Artweaver features". Artweaver website. Archived from the original on 30 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- Alex Kidman (2008-09-30). "Artweaver: cheap and cheerful free clone of Photoshop". Australian Personal Computer Magazine. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Artweaver Support Forum • Thema anzeigen - Artweaver 1.0 is online". Forum.artweaver.de. 2009-09-30. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Artweaver Plus | Version Differences". Artweaver.de. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Which limitations has the Artweaver Free version?, Artweaver.de
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|