Arua Regional Referral Hospital
|Arua Regional Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Location||Arua, Arua District,
|Hospital type||General and Teaching|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda
Medical education in Uganda
Arua Regional Referral Hospital, commonly known as Arua Hospital is a hospital in the town of Arua, in Northern Uganda. It is the referral hospital for the districts of Adjumani, Arua, Koboko, Maracha, Moyo, Nebbi, Yumbe, and Zombo. The hospital also receives referrals from neighboring parts of South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Arua Hospital is located in the city of Arua, West Nile sub-region, approximately 480 kilometres (300 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of Arua Regional Referral Hospital are:3°01'10.0"N, 30°54'45.0"E (Latitude:3.019444; Longitude:30.912500).
Arua Hospital is a public hospital, funded by the Uganda Ministry of Health and general care in the hospital is free. It is one of the thirteen (13) Regional Referral Hospitals in Uganda. The hospital is designated as one of the fifteen (15) Internship Hospitals in Uganda where graduates of Ugandan medical schools can serve one year of internship under the supervision of qualified specialists and consultants. The bed capacity of Arua Hospital is quoted as 272, although the hospital admits far more patients, with the excess either sleeping on the floor, or sharing beds.
- Mugabi, Frank (8 June 2009). "Uganda: Arua Hospital To Get USh3.2 Billion Three-Storey Ward". New Vision (Kampala) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Travel Distance Between Kampala And Arua With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Arua Regional Referral Hospital At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Uganda Has Thirteen Regional Referral Hospitals
- Medical Education in Uganda
- Felix Warom Okello, and Clement Aluma (20 June 2013). "Arua Hospital Where ‘The Sick Get More Sick’". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 27 October 2014.