Aruaa is a social organisation in Abkhazia uniting veterans of the 1992-1993 war with Georgia. It was founded 10 May 2007. 534 people were present at its founding congress. The first Minister of Defence of Abkhazia Vladimir Arshba was unanimously elected Chairman of the organisation, and Vadim Smyr and Mukhamed Kilba were elected Vice Chairmen. Apart from Arshba, Smyr and Kilba, ten more people were elected into to the Supreme Council: Sergei Matosian, Eduard Bulia, Slavik Kuchuberia, Adler Mikvabia, Vitaly Gabnia, Gennady Margani, Kachubei Avidzba, Chingiz Bigvava, Liana Achba and Mzia Beia.
During the founding congress, the organisation was addressed by former President Vladislav Ardzinba. Some speakers regretted the fact that Amtsakhara, the veteran organisation founded shortly after the 1992-1993 war, had turned into a political organisation.
On 14 July 2010, Chairman Vadim Smyr announced his resignation. On 20 July, Aruaa's Supreme Council decided that it did not accept Smyr's resignation, and that he would remain Chairman at least until the next congress of the organisation.
On 10 July 2013, Aruaa signed a cooperation agreement with opposition parties United Abkhazia, Forum for the National Unity of Abkhazia, the People's Party of Abkhazia and the Party for the Economic Development of Abkhazia, and with a number of other social movements.
- "В Абхазии создана организация ветеранов грузино-абхазской войны". Кавказский узел. 11 May 2007. Retrieved 18 January 2009.
- "Ветераны войны с Грузией требуют судить членов "Комитета спасения Абхазии"". Кавказский узел. 13 August 2007. Retrieved 18 January 2009.
- "Вадим Смыр сложил с себя полномочия председателя «Аруаа».". Apsnypress. 14 July 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Высший совет организации ветеранов отечественной войны народа Абхазии 1992-1993гг.". Apsnypress. 22 July 2010. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Ряд политических партий и общественных движений Абхазии подписали Соглашение о сотрудничестве и совместную декларацию". Apsnypress. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "Виталий Габния избран председателем Высшего совета общественной организации ветеранов Отечественной войны народа Абхазии «Аруаа»". Apsnypress. 30 July 2013. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
|This article related to the politics of Abkhazia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|