Arvind Gupta (administrator)
|Director General, Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses|
January 5, 2012 - Incumbent
|Preceded by||Narendra Sisodia|
10 July 1953 |
Nurpur, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Occupation||Civil Servant (Indian Foreign Service)|
Dr. Gupta belongs to the 1979 batch of the Indian Foreign Service. Over the course of his career, he has served in various capacities at Indian diplomatic missions in Moscow, London and Ankara. He joined the National Security Council Secretariat shortly after it was set up in 1998 and served there till 2007. Prior to taking charge as Director General, he held the Lal Bahadur Shastri Chair on National Security in the IDSA from 2008 to 2012.
He is also the convenor of Indian Pugwash Society, a think tank. He was a member of the informal group constituted by the Prime Minister of India to revive the action plan on nuclear disarmament presented by Rajiv Gandhi at the Third Special Session on Disarmament of the UN General Assembly in June 1998. He has also worked in the Ministry of External Affairs (India) on different assignments.
Books and Publications
- Arvind Gupta, Ideology and Soviet foreign policy : Lenin to Gorbachev, 1993, Venus Publ. House, ISBN 9788172380076, 251 pages
- Arvind Gupta, Mukul Chaturvedi, eds, Select documents on security and diplomacy, 2003, Manas Publications, ISBN 9788170491682, 391 pages
- Arvind Gupta, Mukul Chaturvedi, and Akshay Joshi, eds., Security and diplomacy : essential documents 2004, Manas Publications, ISBN 9788170492023, 548 pages
- Arvind Gupta, ed, India In A Changing Global Nuclear Order, 2010, Academic Foundation, ISBN 9788171887705, 312 pages
- Arvind Gupta, Amitav Mallik, and Ajey Lele, eds, Space Security: Need for Global Convergence 2012, Pentagon Press, ISBN 9788182746053
- "Arvind Gupta: Director General". IDSA website. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- Raghavan, editor, V.R. (2010). India and global nuclear disarmament. [New Delhi]: Delhi Policy Group. ISBN 9780230327863.
- "Dr. Arvind Gupta Takes Over AS DG, IDSA". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Convenor, India Pugwash Society".
- "India to push Rajiv Gandhi plan for N-free world". Economic Times. 19 August 2011. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|