|Headquarters||Milpitas, California, USA|
Ajit Gupta (Founder, President and CEO)
Aryaka is a technology company that provides WAN optimization and Global Private Connectivity headquartered in Milpitas, California, USA, with development offices in Bangalore, India and had over 150 employees in 2010.
Aryaka was founded in 2009 by Ajit Gupta, Rajeev Bharadhwaj  and Ashwath Nagaraj. Ajit Gupta previously founded Speedera Networks, a content delivery network (CDN) acquired by Akamai Technologies in 2005 for stock valued at $500 million. Rajeev Bharadhwaj was previously at cloud service provider Ejasent Inc, acquired by Veritas in 2004 for $59 million. Ashwath Nagaraj was previously at Allegro Systems (acquired by Cisco Systems in 2001 for $185 million) and founder of Assured Access Technologies (acquired by Alcatel in 1999 for $350 million).
Aryaka announced its WAN optimization and application acceleration service in September 2010. The company markets its services as "WAN Optimization as a Service", "Application Delivery as-a-service", "Cloud Network as a Service" and "Network as a service". Aryaka closed a $25 million USD series C funding round announced in July 2012 led by Interwest Partners. It previously received $15 million in series B funding and $14 million in series A funding from Trinity Ventures, Mohr Davidow Ventures, and Nexus Venture Partners. Aryaka's foundational multi-segment WAN optimization patent was granted as a US patent in July 2013. Aryaka was granted a U.S. Patent for WAN optimization as-a-service technology in March 2013.
Aryaka is positioned in the Visionaries Quadrant of Gartner’s 2013 & 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN optimization, was named the Hottest Cloud Startup to Watch by CIO.com, was named a 2011 ‘Cool Vendor’ in ‘Enterprise Communications and Network Services’ by Gartner Inc. and also named by GigaOM to the 'Structure 50', a list of the 'Top 50 Cloud Innovators'.
Aryaka introduced its inaugural State of the Global Enterprise WAN Report on Feb. 19, 2014.
The company received $10 million in Series D funding in June 2014 from existing investors InterWest Partners, Presidio Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners, Trinity Ventures and Mohr Davidow Ventures. The company's total funding to date is $64 million.
Aryaka' uses a private network to offer its services. Servers placed in datacenters connected with a private network. Customers connect to the nearest point of presence (POPs) and traffic is transmitted over this private network to the other end, closest to the customer’s branch location. In this way, the company avoids having to deploy WAN optimization hardware at each customer location.
Application delivery service
Aryaka’s application delivery service combines connectivity with proprietary TCP optimization technology and application level proxies to offer access to centralized resources for business users inside and outside the firewall. It is delivered using the same platform used for Aryaka’s WAN optimization as-a-service.
Enterprise connectivity service
Aryaka’s network as-a-service uses the same underlying architecture as their WAN optimization as-a-service offering.
Cloud Services access
- "Startup Takes WAN Optimization to the Clouds: You Don't Need No Stinking Boxes". The Register. September 27, 2010.
- "How Ajit Gupta's Aryaka is Disrupting the Wide Area Network Business". Forbes. November 19, 2012.
- "SEC Form D filing". SEC. May 21, 2009.
- "Akamai to Buy Speedera". The New York Times. March 17, 2005.
- Veritas buys Ejasent
- "Cisco Systems to Acquire Allegro Systems: Accelerating the Performance of VPN and Security Solutions". Cisco Newsroom. July 27, 2001.
- "Alcatel Buys Assured". Computerworld. March 5, 1999.
- "Scrambling to Grow Fast Enough When Customers are Everywhere". The Wall Street Journal. July 17, 2012.
- "Aryaka: Stop Sending the Same File Twice". The New York Times. September 21, 2010.
- Aryaka granted Application Acceleration as a Service.
- "Aryaka Granted U.S. Patent for WAN Optimization as-a-Service Technology". March 21, 2013.
- "Aryaka positioned in Gartner's 2013 Magic Quadrant". May 1, 2013.
- "Aryaka Named a Visionary Once Again in the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers". April 30, 2014.
- "Ranking the Top 10 Cloud Startups". CIO.com. March 20, 2013.
- "Aryaka Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner". TMC InfoTech Sptotlight. April 29, 2011.
- "The Structure 50" The Top 50 Cloud Innovators". GigaOM. May 18, 2011.
- "Enterprise Bandwidth Better than Expected". eWeek. February 19, 2014.
- "Start-up Aryaka Launches WAN Optimization as-a-Service". Network World. September 22, 2010.
- "Aryaka Pushes WAN Optimization into the Cloud". ZDNet. September 21, 2010.
- "Cloud Upstart Aryaka Expands Into Application Delivery". CRN. October 26, 2012. Retrieved March 16, 2013.