From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aryan is a term expressing various ethno-linguistic or racial concepts.
|Look up Aryan or Aryans in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Aryan or arya may refer to:
- Aryan, a term expressing various meanings depending on who is using the term, the date of the publication in which the term is used, and how it is used:
- Arya (*_rya-), Old Indic and Old Iranian word from which 'Aryan' (:=Indo-Iranian) derives
- Indo-Iranian, "pertaining to (speakers of) Indo-Iranian languages"
- the prehistorical Proto-Indo-Iranians
- Indo-Iranian peoples, people speaking the Indo-Iranian languages
- May be used to refer to the original Proto-Indo-Europeans in works published in the 19th century and early 20th century
- Indo-European (dated), "pertaining to the original speakers of Indo-European languages (the Proto-Indo-Europeans) and their present day descendents"
- Aryan race (dated), a concept deriving from the linguistic one, also defined as "pertaining to the original speakers of Indo-European languages (Proto-Indo-Europeans) and their present day descendents"
- A gentile of native Indo-European descent
- used for the Nordic race (dated) (i.e., the Germanic peoples), a racialist concept called Nordicism developed by Ariosophy and later adopted by the Nazis as part of their master race ideology
- used in reference to the those defined as the white race in Neo-Nazism, i.e., those peoples belonging to the Western or European branch of the Indo-European peoples
- In Classical civilization, pertaining to:
- May be used to refer to the inhabitants of the Sassanian Empire, the name of which in Middle Persian, Eran Shah, means Aryan Empire
- Aryan aliens, a synonym for Nordic aliens
- a concept of "nobility" or "piety" in Hinduism and Buddhism, see Arya
- Aryan Nations, a white supremacist religious organization
- Aryan Brotherhood, a white supremacist street gang and organized crime syndicate in the United States
- Aryan Guard, an Alberta-based neo-Nazi group with members primarily located in the city of Calgary
- White Aryan Resistance, a neo-Nazi white separatist organization
- Aryan League, an Iranian Neo-Nazi political party
- Arya Samaj, a Hindu reform movement founded by Swami Dayananda
- Arya F.C., an Iranian football club
- Aryan Vaid (born 1974), an Indian male model
- Aryan Khan (Afghan actor) (born 1980), an Afghan martial artist, model, dancer, singer and actor
- Arya (actor) (born 1980), south Indian actor
- Arya Ambekar (born 1994), a Marathi playback singer
- Aryan (2013 film)
- Aryan (2006 film)
- Aryan (1988 film)
- Arya (2004 film), a Telugu Tollywood film starring Allu Arjun
- Arya (2007 film), a 2007 Tamil film starring R. Madhavan and Bhavana
- Arya 2, a 2009 Telugu film
- The Aryan, 1915 American silent film
- Arya Dröttningu, a character from the Inheritance cycle book series
- Arya (magazine), an Indian monthly periodical published by Hindu philosopher Sri Aurobindo from 1914 to 1921
- Arya Stark, a character from George R. R. Martin's series A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Aryan, Alborz, a village in Alborz Province, Iran
- Aryan, Razavi Khorasan, a village in Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran
- Arya (urban-type settlement), an urban-type settlement in Nizhny Novgorod Oblast, Russia
- Aryan language (disambiguation)
- Aryan religion (disambiguation)
- Arian (disambiguation)
- Aria (disambiguation)
- Aria (name)
- Ari (name) (Aryeh), an Aramaic given name used in a blessing in the Bible
- Aryanization, in Nazism, which literally means "to make Aryan", was principally used to refer to the expulsion of the so-called "non-Aryans" from Nazi Germany, Austria, and the territories it controlled
- Ariane (rocket family), a series of space vehicles
- Aria, a Russian heavy metal band
- Arrian (86–2nd century), Greek historian
- Arya Vysya, a Telugu- and Kannada-speaking Indian caste
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.