Asaf Romirowsky served in the Israel Defense Forces as an international relations liaison officer in the West Bank and Jordan. He holds a BA from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and master's degrees from Villanova University and West Chester University of Pennsylvania. He received his PhD from King's College London. He is the acting executive director of Scholars for Peace in the Middle East.
In late 2007, his invitation to take part in an academic panel at the University of Delaware was rescinded by student organizers after another member of the panel, political science professor Muqtedar Khan, objected to sharing a podium with a former Israeli soldier.
- Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs: Asaf Romirowsky
- "Staff". Middle East Forum. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- Vasoli, Bradley (2007-10-30). "Professor Kicked Off Panel For Military Record". The Bulletin - Philadelphia's Family Newspaper.
- Jaschik, Scott (2007-10-31). "Israeli Booted". Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- "Israeli veteran disinvited from panel". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. 2007-10-30. Retrieved 2009-10-21.
- Militano, Alison (2007-11-09). "Controversy surrounds speakers at Middle East panel". The Review (University of Delaware's Independent Student Newspaper Since 1882). Retrieved 2009-10-21.