|Romanized name||Asahi Kasei Kabushiki-gaisha|
|Traded as||TYO: 3407
TOPIX 100 Component
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||(May 21, 1931)|
|Headquarters||Jinbocho Mitsui Buildings, Kanda Jinbocho 1-105, Chiyoda, Tokyo 101-8101, Japan|
|Key people||Ichiro Ito
(Chairman of the Board)
|Revenue||¥ 1,897 billion) (FY 2014)|
$ 989.7 million (FY 2014)(¥ 101.29 billion) (FY 2014)
|Employees||29,127 (consolidated, as of March 31, 2014)|
It was founded in May 1931, using the paid in capital of Nobeoka Ammonia Fiber Co., Ltd, a Nobeoka, Miyazaki based producer of ammonia, nitric acid, and other chemicals. Now headquartered in Tokyo, with offices and plants across Japan, as well as China, Singapore, Thailand, U.S.A. and Germany.
Business segments and products
The main operations of the company are divided into the following four business sectors:
- Chemicals & Fibers
- Polymer products
- Specialty chemicals
- Homes & Construction Materials
- Foundation systems
- Insulation materials
- AAC-related products
- Structural materials
- Order-built homes
- Real estate–related operations
- Building remodeling
- Hall elements and Hall ICs
- Clean energy materials
- Optical and printing materials
- Electronic materials
- Health Care
- Blood transfusion devices
- Blood purification devices
- Bioprocess products: leukocyte reduction filters, virus removal filters
- Orthopedics and urology pharmaceuticals
- Critical care devices: defibrillators, wearable defibrillators, automated CPR systems, temperature management systems, data solutions
- Diagnostic reagents
- Nutritional products
- "Corporate Profile". Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- "Asahi Kasei Financial Statements". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- "TOPIX Large70 Components". Japan Exchange Group. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- "Asahi Kasei products". Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation Website (English)
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This chemical corporation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|