Cassiobridge tube station
Location of Cassiobridge in Hertfordshire
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Cassiobridge is a planned London Underground station in Watford, Hertfordshire, England. The station was originally to be called Ascot Road, but the decision was taken in August 2013 to name it after the two bridges carrying the A412 road over the Grand Union Canal and the River Gade. Also a farm of the same name used to be located in the area. The station will be the first station on the Metropolitan line's Croxley Rail Link diversion to Watford Junction.
For the two new stations on the line, there were various discussions over their names. Although Ascot Road was initially chosen by consultants on the project, many local people and councillors felt that the name does not reflect the area and also that the name may get confused with Ascot in Berkshire. Watford Hospital has had its name changed to Watford Vicarage Road to be more recognisable outside of the area.
After the new line is open Watford station will be closed to passenger services, so that all trains from Croxley continue to Watford Junction. The station is projected to become an interchange with bicycle facilities and local transportation. It has also been suggested as a Park and Ride location.
The station's entrance will be from the west side of the road. The booking hall and other station facilities will be at street level. The trains will run over the extension of the viaduct link and platforms will be accessed by stairs and lifts.
Cassiobridge also replaces the disused British Rail terminus of Croxley Green.
- "TWAO Submission January 2012". Croxley Rail Link. 2012-01-06. Archived from the original on 2012-02-12.
- Wright, Mike (2013-06-07). "Names in the frame for new Croxley Rail Link stations in Watford". Watford Observer. Archived from the original on 2013-06-07.
- Wright, Mike (2013-07-22). "Croxley Rail Link: Politicians lobby TFL over West Watford station name". Watford Observer. Archived from the original on 2013-08-05.
- "Chapter 4: Movement". Watford Vision, Principles, Aims and Strategy. Runtime Collective.[dead link]
- "DfT Expression of Interest - Submission for Funding" (PDF). Archived from the original on 2011-06-01.
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Watford Junction
Croxley Rail Link
|This article about the London Underground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a railway station in the East of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|