History and profile
The magazine was the first to report that the United States had been selling weapons to Iran, a scandal that was later revealed to have been part of an arms-for-hostages deal (see Iran-Contra Affair). The report was published in the magazine on 3 November 1986.
- Mahmoud M. Hammoud; Walid A. Afifi (1994). "Lebanon". In Yahya R. Kamalipour; Hamid Mowlana. Mass Media in the Middle East:A Comprehensive Handbook. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press. p. 163. Retrieved 27 September 2013. – via Questia (subscription required)
- Anis Moussalem. "The Great Stages of the Lebanese Press". Opus Libani. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Hunter, Shireen T. (Spring 1987). "After the Ayatollah". Foreign Policy 66: 77–97. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- Ihsan A. Hijazi (27 December 1986). "The Press is Thriving in Lebanon". The New York Times. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- Melissa Boyle Mahle (20 December 2005). Denial and Deception: An Insider's View of the CIA. Perseus Books Group. p. 29. ISBN 978-0-7867-3759-8. Retrieved 25 September 2013.