Ash Grove Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
|Ash Grove Township|
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1855|
|• Total||61.09 sq mi (158.2 km2)|
|• Land||61.03 sq mi (158.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.10%|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||12/sq mi (5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60924, 60926, 60953, 60955|
|GNIS feature ID||0428605|
The first settler in the area that became Ash Grove Township was Robert Roberts, who arrived in 1833. The township was formed when township government was adopted by the county in 1855. Its current borders were established on September 15, 1868 when Fountain Creek Township was formed from a portion of Ash Grove Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 61.09 square miles (158.2 km2), of which 61.03 square miles (158.1 km2) (or 99.90%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.10%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Ash Grove, Cissna Park, Immanuel Lutheran, Saint John's Ash Grove, Saint Paul Lutheran and Schwer.
Airports and landing strips
- Redeker Airport
- Cissna Park Community Unit School District 6
- Crescent Iroquois Community Unit School District 249
- Iroquois West Community Unit School District 10
- Paxton-Buckley-Loda Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Ash Grove Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Dowling 1968, p. 25.
- Dowling 1968, p. 21.
- Dowling 1968, p. 59.
- Dowling, John (1968). History of Iroquois County. Iroquois County Board of Supervisors. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Kern, J. W. (1907). Past and present of Iroquois County, Illinois. Chicago: The S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Beckwith, H. W. (1880). History of Iroquois County, Together with Historic Notes on the Northwest. Chicago: H. H. Hill and Company. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
||Onarga Township||Crescent Township|
|Artesia Township||Milford Township|
|Pigeon Grove Township||Fountain Creek Township||Lovejoy Township|