From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shatrat al Muntafiq, Shatreh
|Governorate||Dhi Qar Governorate|
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|• Total||65,000-90,000 (estimated)|
Ash Shatrah is a town in the Dhi Qar Governorate, Iraq, located on the Gharraf Canal at the intersection with Highway 7. It is 22.35 km west of the ancient city of Lagash. It has a 2009 population estimated between 65 and 90 thousand.
- "31.4114°,46.4072° — 31.4097°,46.1717° : 22.35 km / 13.89 m (great circle distance)" (distance between Ash Shatrah and Lagash), Movable Type Scripts, accessed 19 February 2009
- ""aš-Šaţrah" World Gazetteer".
- "Iraq City & Town Population" Tageo
- Baker, Peter and Sheridan, Mary Beth (14 April 2003) "Marines Rescue Seven U.S. Prisoners; Iraqis Alert Unit Bound For Tikrit" The Washington Post p. A-1
- Wright, Evan (2004) Generation Kill: Devil Dogs, Iceman, Captain America, and the New Face of American War G.P. Putnam's Sons, New York, p. 228, ISBN 0-399-15193-1
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|