Asher Fisch was born in 1958 in Jerusalem, Israel.
He began his career as an assistant of Daniel Barenboim and an associate conductor of the Berlin State Opera. He made his United States debut in 1995, conducting Der Fliegende Holländer at the Los Angeles Opera. He was chief conductor of the Vienna Volksoper from 1995 to 2000. He served as music director of Israeli Opera from 1998 to 2008. Seattle Opera named him its principal guest conductor in October 2007.
He first guest-conducted the West Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO) in 1999. In May 2012, WASO announced the appointment of Fisch as its next principal conductor, effective 1 January 2014, with an initial contract of 3 years.
He is married to singer Linda Pavelka. They have a daughter.
- Matthew Westphal (2007-10-16). "Seattle Opera Appoints Asher Fisch Principal Guest Conductor". Playbill Arts. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "WASO announces Principal Conductor and Artistic Adviser" (Press release). West Australian Symphony Orchestra. 3 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- Official Asher Fisch homepage
- Opus 3 Artists biography of Fisch
- The Israeli Opera Festival, "Opera in Israel – a Brief History"
- WASO page on Asher Fisch
|Chief Conductor, Volksoper Wien
|Music Director, Israeli Opera
|This article on a conductor or bandleader is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|