|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
|Location||Asheville, North Carolina, United States|
|Opening date||July 30, 1971|
|No. of stores and services||132|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||974,399 sq ft (90,524.6 m2).
|No. of floors||1(Anchors have 2)|
Asheville Mall is located off Interstate 240 in eastern Asheville. It is predominantly a one-story mall. Its anchors are Belk, J. C. Penney, Sears, and two Dillard's locations, Dillard's South and Dillard's North.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2011)|
Asheville Mall opened in 1971 with anchors The Bon Marche, Belk, and Sears. Shortly after the opening, an Ivey's was added in the mid-1970s, along with a minor addition to the mall. In 1989, JCPenney joined the mall, adding onto a wing that had been added earlier in the decade. Montgomery Ward opened in 1994 in the space that housed The Bon Marche, later regional chains Meyers-Arnold and Uptons. After Dillard's purchased Ivey's in the early 1990s, that store was converted to a Dillard's. Belk expanded its store and added a second level in 2000. After Montgomery Ward's closure in 2000, its store became Dillard's Men's, Children's, and Home, with the original Dillard's becoming a women's store.
In March 2009, Barnes & Noble relocated their store to the Asheville Mall. The store is two stories and is the largest Barnes & Noble store in the state. In order to make room for the store, Gap and Champ's Sports were relocated.
- Belk 156,000 sq ft (14,500 m2).
- Dillard's Ladies' 122,820 sq ft (11,410 m2).
- Dillard's Men's, Children's, Home 92,484 sq ft (8,592.0 m2).
- J. C. Penney 130,500 sq ft (12,120 m2).
- Sears 221,448 sq ft (20,573.2 m2).
- Barnes & Noble 35,968 sq ft (3,341.5 m2).
- H&M Opening in 2014! 22,000 sqft
- Bon Marche (became Meyers-Arnold)
- Meyers-Arnold (became Upton's in 1987)
- Upton's (became Montgomery Ward in 1994)
- Montgomery Ward (became Dillard's Men's, Children's, and Home in 2002)
- Ivey's (became Dillard's in 1990, then Dillard's Ladies' around 2002)
- Asheville Mall
- Sky City: Asheville Mall
- Guide to the Asheville Mall, and other Shopping Attractions in Asheville