Ashland, Kentucky (Amtrak station)
The Ashland Transportation Center and Amtrak station.
|Address||99 15th Street
Ashland, Kentucky 41101
|Connections||Ashland Bus System|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Owned by||CSX Transportation & City of Ashland|
|Passengers (2013)||3,007 0.3%|
The Ashland Amtrak station is located in the Ashland Transportation Center, a former Chesapeake and Ohio Railway freight house originally built in the 1890s. Located at 99 15th Street, the facility is near downtown Ashland, Kentucky and a short distance from the original Chesapeake and Ohio Railway station (now a PNC Bank branch). The city purchased and restored the building in 1997 using more than $500,000 in federal funds obtained through the Intermodal Surface Transportation Enhancement Act of 1991.
The station is operated in co-operation with Greyhound Lines and the Ashland Bus System. It has no Amtrak agent, with no station services. The station serves Amtrak's Cardinal, trains 50 & 51. The tracks at the station are currently owned by CSX Transportation.
- "Great American Stations: Ashland, KY (AKY)". Amtrak. Retrieved 24 Aug 2013.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2013, Commonwealth of Kentucky" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "State hit by blast of cold temperatures". The Harlan Daily Enterprise. The Associated Press. 12 Mar 1998. Retrieved 24 Aug 2013.
- Amtrak – Stations – Ashland, KY
- Ashland, Kentucky Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Ashland (AKY)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Kentucky train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|