Ashley Hinshaw is an American actress and model.
As a model, Hinshaw has appeared in an ad campaign for Abercrombie & Fitch. Her experience as a model led to her judging a beauty pageant on the MTV reality TV series Made in 2008. A year later Hinshaw pursued an acting career and landed a guest stint on The CW Teen Drama series Gossip Girl as herself. Hinshaw auditioned for a role in the proposed spin-off series to Gossip Girl, Valley Girls which The CW did not pick up. Hinshaw has since appeared in guest roles on Fringe and The Glades.
In June 2010, Hinshaw was confirmed to star in the high school comedy film LOL, an American remake of the 2008 French film LOL (Laughing Out Loud). Hinshaw portrays the role of Emily, best friend to the film's protagonist, played by Miley Cyrus. Production began in August 2010 in Paris and Grosse Pointe. The film was released in May 2012 on a limited release in the United States. The film received mixed reviews and was a financial disaster.
In November 2010, Hinshaw was announced as a star in the independent thriller film Rites of Passage alongside Christian Slater. In the film, an anthropology student takes his classmates to his family ranch, where his brother lives in a haze of drugs, guilt, and Chumash Indian rituals. The film was released straight to DVD on 16 October 2012.
In May 2011, Hinshaw was cast as the protagonist in the independent drama film About Cherry alongside Heather Graham, James Franco and Dev Patel. Hinshaw portrayed Angelina, a troubled young woman who came to San Francisco and became involved in that city's porn industry. Filming began in July 2011. The film premiered at the 2012 Berlin International Film Festival.
In 2011, Hinshaw joined the cast of the superhero film Chronicle. She was cast as Casey Letter, a blogger who regularly carries her camera with her. Filming began in May 2011 and continued for eighteen weeks, ending in August 2011. The film was released in February 2012 and grossed $126,266,180 worldwide, surpassing its $15 million budget. Critical reception was positive, with an 85% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. A sequel has been announced, but it is unknown whether Hinshaw will return.
|2009||Gossip Girl||Herself||Episode: "Reversals of Fortune"|
|2011||The Glades||Charlene Turner||Episode: "Moonlighting"|
|2011||Rites of Passage||Sandee|
|2012||Tall Hot Blonde||Katie Brooks||Television movie|
|2013||Snake and Mongoose||Lynn Prudhomme|
|2014||True Blood||Bridgette||4 episodes|
|2015||Agent Carter||Colleen O'Brien||Episode: Now is Not the End|
|2015||Workaholics||Hilary Winthrop||Episode: Wedding Thrashers|
- "Ashley Hinshaw gets her big break on Gossip Girl". Girl2Watch. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "'Gossip Girl' Spin-Off is Officially Dead, CW Picks Up 'Vampire Diaries'". Buddytv.com. 2009-05-20. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- Dragovic, Ana (2010-06-16). "PATA Picks: Miley Cyrus Gets Her Leading Man in LOL: Teen Vogue Daily". TeenVogue.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Miley Cyrus And Ashley Greene's Teen LOL Goes Into Production". CinemaBlend.com. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "LOL". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "LOL (2012)". Boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Christian Slater in 'Rites of Passage' independent thriller". Upcoming-movies.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Rites of Passage". Facebook. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
-  Bill Frost, Salt Lake City Weekly, 18 October 2012 issue
- "James Franco Takes Cherry". ComingSoon.net. 2011-05-19. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "AVN - Adult Star Sensi Pearl Filming Mainstream Drama 'Cherry'". News.avn.com. 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "You've got (real) mail: Letters from writers –". USA Today. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- 15 May 2011 - 21:50 (2011-05-15). "Cape the big star as US film crew rolls in | Film Jobs and Production Opportunities". FilmContact.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Chronicle (2012)". Box Office Mojo. 2012-06-07. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "Chronicle". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- Brooks, Brian. "Max Landis Set To Write 'Chronicle 2' For Fox". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.