Ashley Jackson (field hockey)
|Men’s Field Hockey|
|Competitor for England|
|EuroHockey Nations Championship|
He was a member of the Great Britain squad that finished ninth at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, competed in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, and finishing 4th at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Jackson also played in the England squad that won Bronze at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
The midfielder/striker made his debut in 2007 for the England at the age of 19. He currently wears the number 7 shirt for both England and Great Britain. He was named FIH Young Player of the year 2009 and is the first English player to receive this accolade.
Jackson currently plays club hockey for East Grinstead Hockey Club in England. He has previously played for HGC in the Dutch league for a number of years, alongside England/GB team mate Barry Middleton, as well for Ranchi Rhinos in the Hockey India League. He started out at Tunbridge Wells while he attended school at Sutton Valence, Kent.  
In December 2014 Jackson also began playing ice hockey for Invicta Dynamos, scoring a goal on his debut against London Raiders.
- "England's men's hockey team win bronze in Glasgow after penalty shoot-out win over New Zealand". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "Glasgow 2014 - Ashley Jackson Profile". glasgow2014.com. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "East Grinstead’s Ashley Jackson, the one-club striker overcoming pain to map England’s golden path". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "EHL Statistics". Fixtureslive.com. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
|This biographical article relating to an English field hockey figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Team England reveal Glasgow 2014 squads - England Hockey". England Hockey. Retrieved 2014-11-04.