Lelie in November 2008
|No. 85, 87, 18|
|Date of birth:||February 16, 1980|
|Place of birth:||Bellflower, California|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||193 lb (88 kg)|
|NFL draft:||2002 / Round: 1 / Pick: 19|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Ashley Jovon Lelie (//; born February 16, 1980) is a former American football wide receiver. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos 19th overall in the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at Hawaii.
Lelie attended Radford High School in Honolulu, Hawaii, and was a three-sport standout in football, track, and basketball. In football, he won All-District and All-State honors. In basketball, he won All-District honors and in track, he won an All-League honors.
In 2006, Lelie donated a scoreboard to his alma mater. Ashley is the son of retired United States Marine Rene Allday Lelie (his real middle name) and Annetta Lelie a nurse.
- 8th in career receptions (194)
- 5th in career receiving yards (3,341)
- 4th in career receiving touchdowns (32)
Lelie became unhappy in Denver at the start of the 2006 season when Denver traded for Javon Walker during the 2006 NFL Draft. He skipped training camp and asked to be traded, which led to tension with head coach Mike Shanahan.
Lelie was traded to the Atlanta Falcons in a three-way deal with the Washington Redskins in August 2006, and went on to play as a backup for the San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders in subsequent seasons.
Starting for the 2013-14 football season Lelie has accepted to be the new offensive quality control coach for the Nevada Wolf Pack football team under new head coach Brian Polian. Lelie will join former Hawaii teammate and current offensive coordinator Nick Rolovich.
- "Chiefs add free-agent receiver Lelie". ESPN.com. Associated Press. 2009-08-17. Retrieved 2009-08-17.
- "Lelie Scores Big with Radford High School". Honolulu Advertiser. 2005-01-12.
- "Ashley Lelie's NFL stats". Kansas City Chiefs. 2009-09-05. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Shanahan growing tired of Lelie's absences - NFL - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. 2006-05-16. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Falcons acquire disgruntled WR Lelie from Broncos - NFL - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. 2006-08-23. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Former first-round draft pick Lelie added to Pack's staff". RGJ.com. 2013-04-02. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- "Former Broncos wide receiver Ashley Lelie joins Nevada as assistant". Denver Post. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-04-17.