|Full name||Ashley Allan Noffke|
30 April 1977 |
Nambour, Queensland, Australia
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Batting style||Right-hand bat|
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Only ODI (cap 164)||3 February 2008 v India|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: CricketArchive, 26 July 2009|
Ashley Allan Noffke (born 30 April 1977 in Nambour, Queensland) is an Australian cricketer who currently plays for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL). He previously played first-class cricket for Queensland (from 1998–2009) and Western Australia (2009–10). Noffke, who has made a one-off appearance representing Australia in a Twenty20 cricket match, primarily plays as a right-arm fast-medium bowler, however he has also proven his worth with the bat, having scored over 2,000 first-class runs with a highest score of 114*.
Noffke made his first-class debut on 27 March 1999 for the Australian Cricket Academy XI against the Zimbabwe Cricket Academy XI in Harare. In a match in which the Australians dominated, Noffke claimed 1/5 off 2 overs in the first innings and 2/10 off 6 overs in the second. On 27 January 2000, Noffke made his maiden first-class appearance for Queensland against Victoria. In a convincing victory for Queensland, Noffke impressed with the ball, taking 4/46 in the first innings and 2/59 in the second.
In 2001, Noffke was rewarded with a place in Australia's squad for the 2001 Ashes series after a man of the match performance in Queensland's victory in the final of the 2000–01 Pura Cup. Noffke played 3 matches on the tour, performing well in the first 2 against Somerset and Hampshire. The third match, against Sussex however, did not go as well for Noffke. He was injured attempting a "soccer-style" run out and had to fly back home again. Noffke was also later selected for Australia's tour of the West Indies in 2003, however he failed to take any wickets in 2 tour games, and did not make the Test or One Day teams.
Noffke had a strong 2006–07 season for Queensland, taking 30 wickets at 24.30 in the Pura Cup, and 15 wickets at 24.60 in the Ford Ranger Cup. His good form earned him the Queensland Player of the Year prize and a place in Australia's preliminary squad for the 2007 Twenty20 World Championship. He was also named to play in Australia A's tour of Pakistan in September 2007
Noffke has been in career best form in the 2007–08 Domestic season leading to Queensland captain Jimmy Maher calling for his selection in the Australian team. After playing 6 matches in the 2007–08 Pura Cup season, Noffke has scored 549 runs at an average of 54.90 with 1 century and 5 fifties, and has taken 31 wickets at an average of 20.22.
Noffke's magnificent start to the season was rewarded as on 5 December 2007 he was named in Australia's squad for their Twenty20 International match against New Zealand at Perth on 11 December 2007. In a very comfortable victory for Australia, Noffke took 3/18 off 3.3 overs, the best figures of the match. He did not get an opportunity with the bat, however, as he was run out for a diamond duck whilst attempting a second run with batting partner Andrew Symonds. Noffke won the 2008 State Cricket Players of the Year award.
- Noffke's highest first-class score of 114* came against South Australia on 21 December 2003 at the Brisbane Cricket Ground. Noffke also took 6 wickets in the match and was awarded man of the match.
- Noffke's best first-class bowling figures of 8/24 off 15 overs came against Derbyshire whilst playing for Middlesex on 12 and 13 September 2002. He went on to take 12 wickets for the match.
- Noffke plays for the Sunshine Coast Scorchers in Brisbane Grade Cricket.
- Noffke has won 6 man of the match awards in his 94 first-class matches, 2 in his 93 One Day Cup appearances and 1 in his 8 Twenty20 appearances.
- Noffke is completing a degree at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
- Zimbabwe Cricket Academy v Australian Cricket Academy Cricket Archive. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Victoria v Queensland - Pura Milk Cup 1999-00 Cricket Archive. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- Ashley Noffke Profile Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- University of West Indies Vice-Chancellor's XI v Australians Cricket Archive. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Carib Beer XI v Australians Cricket Archive. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Noffke selection a no-brainer Fox Sports News. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Ashley's ready, says Jimmy Brisbane Times. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Pura Cup 2007-08 Batting Statistics Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Pura Cup 2007-08 Bowling Statistics Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Twenty20, Chappell-Hadlee squads Cricket Australia. Retrieved 5 December 2007
- Only Twenty20 International: Australia v New Zealand at Perth, 11 December 2007 Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 December 2007
- "Lee wins Allan Border Medal". Fox Sports. 2008-02-26. Retrieved 2008-02-26.
- Western Australia all-rounder Ashley Noffke retires from first-class cricket – FoxSports. Published 13 October 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- Queensland v South Australia - Pura Cup 2003/04. Cricket Archive. Retrieved 3 December 2007.
- Derbyshire v Middlesex - Frizzell County Championship 2002 Cricket Archive. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Matches in which Ashley Noffke won an award. Cricket Archive. Retrieved 3 December 2007
- Queensland Cricket - Ashley Noffke Profile Queensland Cricket. Retrieved 11 December 2007.