|Born||Ashley Allyn Roberts
September 14, 1981
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, choreographer, host, television personality, talent competition judge, model|
|Television||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, Dancing on Ice, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway|
|Labels||A&M, Interscope, Cherry Red, Metropolis London Music Limited|
|Associated acts||The Pussycat Dolls|
Ashley Allyn Roberts (born September 14, 1981) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, choreographer, actress and television personality, best known as a former member of the modern burlesque group and dance ensemble The Pussycat Dolls. She departed from the band in February 2010, in order to pursue a solo singing and acting career but also, due to the overemphasis on the band's main singer, Nicole Scherzinger.
- 1 Early life and career
- 2 Other ventures
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Documentaries
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Early life and career
Roberts was born in Phoenix, Arizona and attended Shadow Mountain High School. She is of Welsh descent. She began dancing at the age of three and singing at eight. Roberts' father was a drummer for The Mamas & the Papas, later becoming an auto dealer and her mother was a Pilates instructor. They both inspired her to be a part of the entertainment industry.
During high school summer breaks, Roberts traveled to California to study modern dance. After high school, she moved permanently to Los Angeles. Roberts has appeared in television commercials and music videos such as Counting Crows "Accidentally in Love", Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up", Jane's Addiction's "True Nature", Aaron Carter's "Oh Aaron" and "Not Too Young, Not Too Old" and Pink's "Trouble". Roberts cites Goldie Hawn, Kate Moss, Sienna Miller and Gwen Stefani as her main role models and inspirations.
2003–10: The Pussycat Dolls and acting career
Within six months of her move, Roberts had joined the Pussycat Dolls with members Nicole Scherzinger, Melody Thornton, Carmit Bachar, Jessica Sutta and Kimberly Wyatt and became a salaried employee of Interscope Records She sang co-lead with Bachar and Sutta in the "Stickwitu" single B-side, "Santa Baby". Roberts also recorded a song called "Played" for the Doll Domination Deluxe Edition. She has also appeared in the game show Rock and a Hard Place, hosted by Meatloaf, with Thornton and Bachar.
Shortly after Wyatt announced her departure from the group, Roberts followed suit. On February 27, 2010, in a letter to her fans, she made the following announcement on her website:
|“||Yes, I have left the Pussycat Dolls. I love you all sooo much!!! I am so grateful to have the love and support of all of you. It was an amazing ride and I learned so much! You all mean the world to me and I'm excited to take you all on a new adventure. An adventure full of creativity, inspiration, learning, growing and lots of fun."||”|
Roberts appeared in other media for the first time in the music video for Counting Crows' song Accidentally in Love as the girl who escapes from her home and her boyfriend with a stuffed rabbit. Roberts made her film début as Brooke in the dance/drama/romance film Make It Happen with actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Riley Smith. Production lasted from August 8 to September 17, 2007, and the film was directed by Darren Grant and distributed by The Weinstein Company. It premièred on August 8, 2008 in the UK to mixed but mainly positive reviews.
On her official blog, Roberts announced that she would work on a number of different projects. She worked on her acting, and was a host on Maxim Does Spring Break on E!. Roberts also shot a pilot for MTV with Aubrey O'Day of Danity Kane, Marques Houston, and singer/songwriter Amanda Ghost. She appeared on 90210 in the episode "Into the Wild" which aired on November 5, where she played a stripper. Apart from her acting projects, Roberts has launched her first line of lingerie designed for the beach in Sydney, Australia.
2010–present: I'm a Celebrity..., Dancing on Ice, Saturday Night Takeaway and Butterfly Effect
Roberts announced that she was in the studio recording songs for her first solo album. In 2010, Roberts released her first solo song, a cover of "A Summer Place" and was released on iTunes on September 28. Roberts also made an appearance in ex-bandmate Wyatt's music video for the single, "Stars in Your Eyes". On June 14, 2012, she made a cameo appearance in Bobby Newberry's music video for his debut single "Dirrty Up", with ex-bandmate Melody Thornton. On October 10, 2012, Roberts released a preview of a cover version of Bobby Newberry's "All In A Day", produced By The Invaders. The full version was released at the end of October. On November 5, 2012, Roberts announced that her first official solo single would be "Yesterday" and would be released that week.
On 7 November 2012, it was confirmed that Roberts would compete in the twelfth series of the British reality show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!, airing on ITV finishing as runner-up to Charlie Brooks, in one of the closest ever reality show finales where she received 49.44% against 50.56% of the final vote. Despite not winning, she proved to be a popular public figure during her time on the show.
In 2013, Roberts presented the Ant vs Dec segment on the revived version of Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, replacing former host Kirsty Gallacher along with voice-over sports commentator Clive Tyldesley. Roberts returned to this role for the 2014 series.
On 31 March 2014, Roberts announced that "Clockwork" was her new single which will be released on May 25, 2014. A second single and debut solo album are to follow in late summer to be recorded at Metropolis in Chiswick, London.
In June 2014, Roberts announced her debut album, entitled Butterfly Effect, to be released September 1, 2014. preceded by new single "Woman Up".
Products and endorsements
- Butterfly Effect (2014)
|1999||The Nanny||Alex Fine||1 episode, "The Game Show"|
|2005||Be Cool||Herself||Main role|
|2008||Rock and a Hard Place|
|Make It Happen||Brooke||Supporting role|
|2008–09||MTV News||Herself||6 episodes|
|2010||Maxim Does Spring Break||Host|
|Dance Your Ass Off||Guest Judge|
|Ambush Karaoke||Host||Unaired pilot|
|2011||Temptation of Wife||Appearance role|
|All About Aubrey||Herself||2 episodes|
|VH1'S 100 Greatest Songs of the 00s|
|2012||VH1′s 100 Greatest Women In Music|
|Total Drama||Voice of Sindy||3 episodes|
|90210||Stripper Teacher||1 episode, "Into the Wild"|
|I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Herself||Came second place|
|2013–14||Dancing on Ice||Judge|
|2013–14||Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway||Host||'Ant vs. Dec' segment|
|2013||This Morning||Herself||Reporter for the I'm a Celebrity... segment|
|2014||WWE Legends House||Host|
- Fake Reaction (31 January 2013) - Guest
- Celebrity Juice (7 March 2013, 20 February 2014) - Guest
- The Chase: Celebrity Special (26 October 2013) - Contestant
- I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! NOW! (2013) - Guest
- All Star Family Fortunes (29 December 2013) - Contestant
- Catchphrase: Celebrity Special (22 June 2014) - Contestant
- Tipping Point: Lucky Stars (16 August 2014) - Contestant
|2012||VH1's Behind the Music||Herself||Nicole Scherzinger and Brief about PCD|
- Ledger, Emma (9 April 2013). "Corr! Ashley Roberts stars in her sexiest ever shoot - we can see what Dec sees in her...". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "pcdworld.co.uk | PCDWorld > Pussycat Dolls Biography > Ashley Roberts". PCDWorld. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Aaron Carter - I'm not too old, Not too Young". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Carrucan, Catrin (11 May 2013). "Celebrity secrets: Ashley Roberts". express.co.uk. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Tumblr.com". Ashleyroberts.tumblr.com. 2010-02-27. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "Sexy Beach Lingerie". Youtube.com. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Her Majesty & The Wolves - Stars In Your Eyes Official Video". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Bobby Newberry Ft. Jessie & The Toy Boys - Dirrty Up - Official Music Video". Youtube.com. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Ashley Roberts- All in a day teaser". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Ashley Roberts - I'm A Celebrity 2012: Celebrities". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- Dadds, Kimberley (29 December 2012). "'I'm beyond excited': I'm A Celeb's Ashley Roberts signs up to be the new Dancing On Ice judge". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Ashley Roberts | Ashley Roberts dating Matt Johnson". Contactmusic.com. 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Ashley Roberts "I wouldn't mind some loving!" - Celebrity News News". Reveal. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Geddes, Robin (31 March 2014). "Ashley Roberts announces new single 'Clockwork', debut solo album". Digital Spy. Retrieved 31 March 2014.
- "Ashley Roberts confirms new single 'Woman Up', details debut album - Music News". Digital Spy. 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- Ledger, Emma (30 March 2013). "It's fake tan time! Ashley Roberts shows us how it's done as the new face of Garnier No Streaks Bronzer". The Mirror. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- Gorman, Bill. "Ashley Roberts - IMDb". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- "Catchphrase | Series 2 - 12. Catchphrase Celebrity Special". Radio Times. 2013-04-08. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashley Roberts.|
- Ashley Roberts at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website
- Official blog/Tumblr
- Official Twitter
- Official YouTube
- Official Pheed Channel