|Full name||Ashley Ann Whitney|
August 21, 1979 |
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||123 lb (56 kg)|
|College team||University of Georgia,
University of Florida,
University of California, Berkeley
She was born in Nashville, Tennessee. For high school, she attended the Bolles School in Jacksonville, Florida, a private preparatory school. At Bolles, she was a member of coach Gregg Troy's Bolles Sharks swim team, a program with a reputation for producing future international swimmers and Olympians.
Whitney initially attended the University of Georgia, where she was a member of coach Jack Bauerle's Georgia Bulldogs swimming and diving team in 1999—Georgia's first NCAA national championship team. She later transferred to the University of California, Berkeley, where she finished her college career swimming for coach Teri McKeever's Cal Bears women's swimming and diving team.
- Georgia Bulldogs
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (women)
- List of University of California, Berkeley alumni
- List of University of Georgia people
- Whitney's bio from the Cal Athletics website.
- Ashley Whitney – Olympic athlete profile at Sports-Reference.com