|Occupation||Chairman and Co-Founder: Happiest Minds Technologies Pvt. Ltd|
Ashok Soota in an Indian Information technology (IT) entrepreneur. Ashok currently serves as the Chairman and Co- Founder of Happiest Minds Information Technology company in India.
Ashok Soota was born in the current North- west frontier province of Pakistan (before the Partition of India of Pakistan). Ash’s Father was a doctor in the British Indian Army and was the fourth child among the six. Ashok had to leave the region at the age of five along with family and settled in Lucknow after a short stay in Delhi India.
Education & Career
Due to his father’s army background he completed his schooling at multiple schools and completed his graduation in electrical engineering from University of Roorkee. Ashok worked for few year with Burmah Shell at Kolkata selling engine oils and lubricants and moved to DCM Shriram group in 1965.
Ashok took a break from DCM Shriram group and completed his MBA from Asian Institute of Management , Manila Philippines in 1973. He worked with the DCM Shriram group for 19 years and then worked with the Wipro group till 1999.
Ashok sorta along with nine other members following the dot com boom founded the Information technology company MindTree in India in year 1999. On 28 January 2011 Ashok announced his decision to resign from MindTree by 31 March as an employee and executive chairman. In August 2011 Ashok co founded his new company Happiest Minds engaged in Information technology business. 
Ashok was president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) during 2002-03, and served on the Indian Prime Minister's task force for development of the IT industry. Also, he is a member of the Advisory Council of World Intellectual Property Organization in Geneva. Ashok philanthropic activities are managed through Ashirvadam, a Trust he has created for Environmental Protection and help for the needy including vocational training, education and medical assistance.
Honours and awards
- Golden 2010
- Most Innovative Award 2008 for Knowledge Innovation by World Summit on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (WSIE)
- "Ashok Soota | The mind behind an industree". Live Mint. Hindustan Times. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Lunch with Ashok Soota". Business Standard. 25 Oct 2011. Retrieved 17 Dec 2014.
- "Why Ashok Soota Quit Mindtree". Forbes. Retrieved 17 Dec 2014.
- "Ashok Soota's Happiest Minds on track to achieve revenue target of $100 million". The Economic Times. Retrieved 17 Dec 2014.
- "Karnataka shines bright for industrial excellence".
- "Innovations of 10 Global Luminaries Honoured at WSIE 2008".
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|