|Type||Public (LSE: AHT)|
|Key people||Chris Cole, Chairman
Geoffrey Drabble, CEO
|Revenue||£1,206.4 million (2013)|
|Operating income||£290.3 million (2013)|
|Net income||£138.8 million (2013)|
Ashtead Group plc is a British industrial equipment rental company formerly based in Leatherhead, Surrey but which has since moved to new offices in the City of London. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Ashtead was founded in 1947 in the village of Ashtead, Surrey, as Ashtead Plant and Tool Hire. In 1986 it was first listed on the London Stock Exchange. 1n 1990 it bought Sunbelt Rentals. In 2006 it acquired NationsRent Inc for $1bn. In 2008 it sold Ashtead Technology in a management buyout deal.
The Company operates internationally, servicing customers in the US and UK. It hires out large industrial items such as aerial work platforms, backhoes, excavators and forklift trucks, and smaller equipment such as power saws, ladders, and pumps. Approximately 85% of its revenue is generated in the US through the subsidiary Sunbelt Rentals, present in 388 locations across the country.
A-Plant, formerly known as Ashtead Plant, is present in 106 locations throughout the UK and has the following divisions:
- A-Plant, Plant and Tools
- A-Plant, Acrow
- A-plant, Trenchless Technologies
- A-Plant, Accommodation
- A-Plant, Power Generation and Rentarc
- A-Plant, Rail
- A-Plant, Powered Access
- A-Plant, Lifting and Handling
- A-Plant, Lux Traffic Systems
|Geoff Drabble||Chief executive officer||£456,000||£114,000||£570,000|
|S.Ian Robson||Finance director||£328,000||£82,000||£410,000|
|Sat Dhaiwal||Executive director||£220,000||£220,000|
- Preliminary Results 2013
- Ashtead History
- Sunbelt and NationsRent to merge
- Ashtead sells Ashtead Technology Rentals to MBO Team for £95.6m
- Company Profile - Bloomberg
- "Geoff Drabble: Executive Profile & Biography". BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- "Astead Group plc - Directors". Ashtead Group PLC. Archived from the original on 1 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Sat Dhaiwal: Executive Profile & Biography". BusinessWeek. McGraw-Hill. Retrieved 2009-09-18.