February 27, 1986 |
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
|Origin||Goodlettsville, Tennessee, United States|
Jones was born in 1986 to Michelle Anderson. She grew up in Valdosta, Georgia, before moving to Goodlettsville, Tennessee, when she was 12. She attended W.G. Nunn Elementary School in Valdosta as a child. Her father died when she was 14, and she ran away from home at 15, but returned home after two and a half years. She worked as a retail manager in Nashville before appearing on American Idol.
Jones auditioned for the tenth season of American Idol in Nashville, Tennessee. She was not one of the five female vote getters in the semi-final round to advance to the Top 13. She was one of the six selected to sing for a wild card and advanced to the Top 13. She is the third wild card finalist to be the eliminated first in the finals, with the previous ones being Leah LaBelle from season 3 and Jasmine Murray from season 8 two years earlier. The judges unanimously agreed not to save her.
|Episode||Theme||Song choice||Original artist||Order #||Result|
|Audition||Auditioner's Choice||"Like We Never Loved at All"||Faith Hill||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 1||First Solo||"Move"||Dreamgirls||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 2||Group Performance||"Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)"||Blu Cantrell||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round, Part 3||Second Solo||"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"||Jennifer Holliday||N/A||Advanced|
|Las Vegas Round||Songs of The Beatles
|"Ticket to Ride"||The Beatles||N/A||Advanced|
|Hollywood Round Final||Final Solo||"I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)"||Whitney Houston||N/A||Advanced|
|Top 24 (12 Women)||Personal Choice||"Love All Over Me"||Monica||7||Wild Card|
|Wild Card||Personal Choice||"And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"||Jennifer Holliday||1||Advanced|
|Top 13||Your Personal Idol||"When You Tell Me That You Love Me"||Diana Ross||3||Eliminated|
She performed on Live with Regis and Kelly after her elimination. She and Karen Rodriguez did not take part in the 2011 American Idols LIVE! Tour 2011 Tour, but she did return for the American Idol finale and sang in the girls Beyoncé Medley with Haley Reinhart, Pia Toscano, Thia Megia, Naima Adedapo, and Karen Rodriguez, as well as singing "Born This Way" with the entire Top 13. On March 3, 2012 she released her first single, "Lookout." She was featured with Big K.R.I.T. on the song "Mayday" from the album Gravity by Lecrae. She was also featured on the song "Good 2getha" from Big K.R.I.T.'s mixtape King Remembered in Time.
- "Former Valdostan rising in 'American Idol'". Valdosta Daily Times. February 26, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "Ashthon Jones: 'I had to leave the tears on the stage'". USA Today. March 11, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
- "'American Idol' reveal five tenth season Top 24 semifinalist". Reality TV World. February 24, 2011. Retrieved March 10, 2011.
- "Ashthon Jones on 'Regis and Kelly'". USA Today. March 15, 2011. Retrieved March 20, 2011.
- "Lecrae 'Gravity' Tracklisting Revealed" (Web). Rapzilla. July 24, 2012. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- Wolfe, Roman (July 24, 2012). "Lecrae Announces Release Date For "Gravity," Launches 30-City Tour In Support Of Album" (Web). AllHipHop. AHH Holdings. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Ashthon Jones – Season 10 Contestants – American Idol". Americanidol.com. Fremantle Media. Archived from the original on 7 March 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2011.