Ashton-under-Lyne by-election, 1920
The result was a victory for the Conservative candidate Sir Walter de Frece, who held the seat with a massively reduced majority.
British Pathe has a newsreel clip of Sir Walter Frece campaigning in the by-election with his wife. http://www.britishpathe.com/video/miss-vesta-tilley/query/election
|Ashton-under-Lyne by-election, 1920|
|Coalition Conservative||Sir Walter de Frece||8,864||43.3||−15.0|
|Labour||William Cornforth Robinson||8,127||39.6||N/A|
|Liberal||Sir Arthur Harold Marshall||3,511||17.1||N/A|
- Craig, F. W. S. (1983) . British parliamentary election results 1918-1949 (3rd edition ed.). Chichester: Parliamentary Research Services. ISBN 0-900178-06-X.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs [self-published source][better source needed]
- Ashton-under-Lyne constituency
- Ashton-under-Lyne by-election, 1928
- Ashton-under-Lyne by-election, 1931
- Ashton-under-Lyne by-election, 1939
- Ashton-under-Lyne by-election, 1945
- List of United Kingdom by-elections (1918–1931)