ARM Architecture (Ashton Raggatt McDougall)
|Key architects||Stephen Ashton, Howard Raggatt, Ian McDougall and Tony Allen|
|Buildings||RMIT Storey Hall,
National Museum of Australia,
Shrine of Remembrance Visitor Centre
Ashton Raggatt McDougall, or ARM Architecture, is an architectural firm based in Melbourne and Perth, Australia. The firm was founded in 1988 and has completed internationally renowned design work. ARM's directors are Stephen Ashton, Howard Raggatt, Ian McDougall and Tony Allen.
ARM is known for "architectural outspokenness". Notable projects include the National Museum of Australia in Canberra, the Melbourne Recital Centre and Southbank Theatre in Melbourne and the Marion Cultural Centre in Adelaide. ARM is highly regarded for its heritage and renewal projects including the refurbishment of Hamer Hall at Arts Centre Melbourne, the courtyard extensions to the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne, RMIT University's Storey Hall and the redevelopment of Melbourne Central Shopping Centre. ARM was also commissioned to prepare the masterplan for Melbourne Docklands, the Adelaide Riverbank and Elizabeth Quay in Perth. Recent projects include the Perth Arena and Wanangkura Stadium in Port Hedland.
A national survey of 600 architects conducted by the Architectural Review Australia found ARM to be considered the most influential architectural office in Australia in the period 1982-2007. ARM is the only Australian firm to win the Australian Institute of Architects' Premier State Award five times, most recently for the Perth Arena in Western Australia. Their design work has been featured on two Australian postage stamps.
- 1994 St Kilda Library
- 1995 RMIT Storey Hall, Melbourne
- 2000 National Museum of Australia, Canberra
- 2001 Marion Cultural Centre, Adelaide
- 2005 Melbourne Central Shopping Centre
- 2006 Shrine of Remembrance Visitor Centre, Melbourne
- 2007 Albury Library Museum, New South Wales
- 2008 Melbourne Recital Centre
- 2008 Southbank Theatre, Melbourne
- 2012 Hamer Hall, Melbourne
- 2012 Perth Arena, Western Australia
- 2012 Wanangkura Stadium, Port Hedland
- 2013 Administration building for the National Museum of Australia, Canberra
- 1996 RAIA Interior Architecture Award for the RMIT Storey Hall
- 2004 RAIA Walter Burley Griffin Award for Urban Design for extension to the Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne
- 2006 RAIA Walter Burley Griffin Award for Urban Design for Melbourne Central Redevelopment
- 2008 RAIA Public Architecture Award for the Albury Library Museum, New South Wales
- 2013 RAIA The Sir Zelman Cowen Award for Public Architecture for Perth Arena
- 2013 RAIA National Award for Interior Architecture for Hamer Hall, Melbourne
- 2013 RAIA The Emil Sodersten Award for Interior Architecture for Perth Arena
- 2013 RAIA The Lachlan Macquarie Award for Heritage for Hamer Hall, Melbourne
- Architects of Today, Kester Rattenbury, Rob Bevan and Kiernan Long Laurence King Publishing 2004 p. 20-21
- Architectural Review Australia: special edition ar100, Melbourne, 2007
- (5 July 2013) Alyesha Anderson. Perth Arena architects claim top prize at WA Architecture Awards. PerthNow. News Limited. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- Architects of Today, Kester Rattenbury, Rob Bevan and Kiernan Long Laurence King Publishing 2004 p.21
- "ARM Architecture". australian-architects. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- Walter Burley Griffin Award, Architecture Australia. Architecture Australia. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Public Architecture, The Sir Zelman Cowen Award for Public Architecture". Australian Institute of Architects. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Interior Architecture, National Awards for Interior Architecture". Australian Institute of Architects. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "News & media, The Lachlan Macquarie Award for Heritage". Australian Institute of Architects. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashton Raggatt McDougall.|