Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall
Ashwellthorpe shown within Norfolk
|Area||9.74 km2 (3.76 sq mi)|
|– density||78 /km2 (200 /sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, situated some 6 km south-east of Wymondham and 20 km south-west of Norwich. The parish includes the villages of Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall, which lie about 1 km apart, although rather farther by road.
The civil parish has an area of 9.74 km2 and in the 2001 census had a population of 756 in 301 households. For the purposes of local government, the parish falls within the district of South Norfolk. Fundenhall was a separate parish until it was annexed by Ashwellthorpe in 1935. The combined parish was known as Ashwellthorpe until 2003, when it adopted its current name.
- ^ Ordnance Survey (1999). OS Explorer Map 237 - Norwich. ISBN 0-319-21868-6.
- ^ Office for National Statistics & Norfolk County Council (2001). Census population and household counts for unparished urban areas and all parishes. Retrieved December 2, 2005.
- ^ Visions of Britain. Fundenhall CP/AP Norfolk through time. Retrieved November 4, 2005.
- ^ Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (2004). Bulletin of Changes to Local Authority Areas and Names in England. Retrieved December 6, 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall.|
- Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall
- Community website for Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall Local information on Ashwellthorpe and Fundenhall.