October 21, 1967 |
Ashwini Nachappa Kannada: ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ ನಾಚಪ್ಪ (born October 21, 1967) is an accomplished former athlete and an Indian film, actress from Karnataka, India. Nachappa gained fame around the start of the 1980s, when she outran P.T. Usha on two separate occasions. She has since been referred to as India's FloJo, and in 1990 she received the prestigious Arjuna award. Being noted as a social worker and educationist. She has also built a school. She is currently the president of the Bangalore Urban District Athletics Association.
Ashwini Nachappa represented India in three South Asian Federation Games in 1984 (hosted in Nepal – won 2 silver medals), in 1986 (hosted in Bangladesh – won 2 silver medals and in 1988 (hosted in Pakistan – won 3 gold medals), her participation in two Asian Games, one held in 1986 in South Korea (she stood 6th in long jump) and another held in 1990 in Beijing, China (she won silver medal in 4 x 100 m relay).She acted in 5 films with same director. She also represented India in two World Championships, one in 1987 in Rome (she was the member of the 4 x 400 m relay) and another in 1991 in Tokyo (she was the member of the 4 x 400 m relay).
- Nayudu, Vinay (2 June 2004). "Changing tracks". Mumbai Newsline. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- K. Bhagya, Prakash (25 March 2006). "One Ashwini, many roles". Vol. 29 No. 12. Sportstar Weekly. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- "Former athlete Ashwini Nachappa sends directive on AFI elections". NDTV. 2013-04-06. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- Mrs. Ashwini Nachappa - CleansportsIndia Hobbies of aswini is watching T.V, Acting, Singing. Her daughter Anisha Karaumbiah studies International Relations at the University of California, Davis.
- Ashwini Nachappa| Athlete | Personalities
- Ashwini Nachappa - IMDb