|This article's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (February 2012)|
The Asia-America Gateway (AAG) is a 20,000-kilometre (12,000 mi) long submarine communications cable system, connecting South-East Asia with the USA mainland, across the Pacific Ocean via Guam and Hawaii. 
The cable is capable of delivering up to 2.88 Tbit/s (US-Hawaii & Hong Kong-South East Asia) and 1.92 Tbit/s (Hawaii-Hong Kong). The cable was ready for service on November 10, 2009.
Development of the AAG cable system was funded, at a cost of $500 million USD, by 19 partners: AiTi of Brunei Darussalam, AT&T (USA), BayanTel (Philippines), Bharti (India), British Telecom Global Network Services (UK), CAT Telecom (Thailand), Telkom Indonesia (Indonesia), ETPI (Philippines), Ezecom/Telcotech (Cambodia), PLDT (Philippines), Saigon Postal Corporation (Vietnam), StarHub (Singapore), Telekom Malaysia, Telstra (Australia), Telecom New Zealand, Viettel (Vietnam), and the Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group. The cable has landing points at the USA, Hawaii, Guam, Philippines, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei and Vietnam.
The cable has encountered frequent breaks and outages since its ready for service in late 2009. Most of the outages are located at the intra-Asia segments between Hong Kong and Singapore, while the segment between Hong Kong and the Philippines seems to have less problems. The segments between the Philippines and the U.S. are quite stable.
On July 15, 2014 the segment at Vung Tau, Vietnam, 18 km off the coast of the city central was damaged and the internet bandwidth to international destinations was disrupted. VNPT's Viet Nam Data Communications Company Deputy Director Nguyen Hong Hai, said that the time that it would take for repairing the cable had not yet been determined. On July 27, the line was mended, 3 days earlier than the scheduled fix date 
- "Asia-America Gateway". www.asia-america-gateway.com. 2008. Archived from the original on January 5, 2010. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- "Faster Starhub broadband" (Press release). www.straitstimes.com. December 8, 2009. Archived from the original on December 12, 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- "AAG Submarine Cable System". Submarine Cable Networks. June 20, 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Asia America Gateway (AAG)". www.telstrainternational.co.uk. 2009. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- "Consortium to Develop Proposal for Asia – America Gateway Cable System". REACH. June 1, 2006. Retrieved 2008-12-24.
- "AAG Cable Breaks and Restoration". Submarine Cable Networks. October 20, 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Internet quốc tế khôi phục hoàn toàn sớm hơn dự kiến".