|Born||February 14, 1988|
|Origin||Mt. Vernon, New York, U.S.|
|Occupations||Singer, dancer, model, cheerleader|
|Associated acts||Pussycat Dolls, New York Knicks|
Asia Nitollano (born February 14, 1988) is an American singer, dancer, model and cheerleader. After winning the television series The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll, Nitollano became a member of the Pussycat Dolls, only to leave a few months later to pursue a solo career.
Nitollano was born in Mt. Vernon, New York. She is the daughter of singer Joe Bataan, and has a six-year-old daughter. She is of Filipino and Puerto Rican ancestry. As a teenager, Nitollano was a dancer for the New York Knicks. In 2007, she became one of the nine finalists on the CW reality television series, The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll. During the season finale of the show, she was chosen to become the newest member of the group by judges Robin Antin, Ron Fair and Lil' Kim. According to judge and Pussycat Doll founder Robin Antin, while Nitollano wasn't the strongest vocalist of the final three, she was the best all-round performer.
Nitollano was a member of the Pussycat Dolls for a brief period of time, where she performed with them live only twice. In July 2007, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that Nitollano, who was never contractually obligated to join the Pussycat Dolls, had decided to embark on a solo career. According to Dawn Ostroff, head of the CW Network, Nitollano was not fired from the group, but opted to go solo after the final episode of the show was aired or in short, after the season was completely filmed in the summer of 2006. Nitollano's position in the group had been questioned for months, since she had never performed with the group (except on the finale of the show) and had been absent from the group's high-profile performances, most notably Live Earth, held in July 2007.
She reportedly signed a recording deal with The Inc. Records, but has not released any music. By July 2009, Nitollano had returned to the New York Knicks, as a finalist in the auditions for the 2009–2010 Knicks City Dancers.
- Buddy tv.com "Asia Nitollano." Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- Newsvine "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll." Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- GNP.com "Fil-Am wins Pussycat Doll search." Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- About.com. "Asia Wins The Search for the Next Doll." Retrieved April 29, 2007.
- Chicago Sun-Times. "Next Pussycat Doll snubs opportunity." July 23, 2007. Retrieved August 2, 2007.
- Reality TV World. "Pussycat Dolls Present' winner Asia Nitollano not joining the Dolls." July 23, 2007. Retrieved August 2, 2007.
- Pussycat Dolls Present: Asia Nitollano Teaming up with Diddy