Asia University (Taiwan)
|Motto||Health, Care, Innovation, Excellence|
|President||Jeffrey J.P. Tsai, Ph. D.|
|Website||(Chinese)  (English)|
Asia University (AU; Chinese: 亞洲大學; pinyin: Yàzhōu Dàxué) is a private university located in Wufeng District, Taichung, Taiwan. It is recognized in Taiwan for its research and teaching in health science, computer science, creative design, management, and humanities & social sciences.
- 1 Faculties
- 2 Notable Faculty and Honoris Causa Laureates
- 3 International Focus
- 4 Museum
- 5 See also
- 6 References
College of Health Science
- Department of Healthcare Administration
- Department of Health and Nutrition Biotechnology
- Department of Biotechnology
College of Computer Science
- Department of Biomedical Informatics
- Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering
- Department of Applied Informatics and Multimedia
- Department of Photonics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Information Communication
College of Management
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of International Business
- Department of Leisure and Recreation Management
- Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Department of Finance
- Department of Financial and Economic Law
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Foreign Languages and Literature
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Early Childhood Education
College of Creative Design
- Department of Digital Media Design
- Department of Visual Communication Design
- Department of Creative Product Design
- Department of Fashion Design
- Department of Interior Design
- International Degree Program of Design
Notable Faculty and Honoris Causa Laureates
- Ferid Murad, Nobel Laureate of Physiology and Medicine
- C. V. Ramamoorthy, Professor Emeritus of Computer Science at University of California at Berkeley.
- Carl W. Cotman, Director at Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California at Irvine.
- Amir Pnueli, recipient of the ACM Turing award
- Stephen A. Szygenda, Southern Methodist University
- Steven S. Yau, President, IEEE Computer Society
- Wai-Kai Chen, President of IEEE Circuit and Systems Society and Recipient of Baker Fund Award
- Shi-Kuo Chang, Founder of Knowledge Systems Institutes
- Benjamin W. Wah, President of 2001 IEEE Computer Society
- Wai-Lim Yip, Chair Professor in Department of English, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Eng-Rin Chen, Deputy Minister of Department of Health, Executive Yuan, R.O.C.
- Gene Sheu, Former CEO FIC and AVP AT&T, Asia-Pacific Region.
- Ifrim Chen Feng, Dean of College of Medicine and Pharmacy, Univ. of Oradea, Romania
- Jean-Claude Latombe, Kumagai Professor Emeritus of Computer Science at Stanford University.
- Lotfi A. Zadeh, Professor of Computer Science at University of California at Berkeley.
- Raymond T. Yeh, Chairman of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin, University of Maryland at College Park.
- Mien-Chie Hung, Vice President for Basic Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX.
- Sartaj Sahni, Distringuished Professor at the University of Florida, Honorary Professor Award 2009.
On July 4, 2007, Asia University welcomed the first group of American students to participate in Asia University's first annual Elite American Youth Leader program. The program was created to foster a positive international climate in Wufong. 26 American students from Harvard University, California State University San Bernardino, Boston College, the University of South Carolina, Indiana University, and the University of Hawaii Hilo joined the program to study Mandarin, Taiwan's Medium & Small Enterprises, High-Tech Industry, and Societies & Cultures. The program - declared successful - will continue annually. Subsequent groups have included students from Spain, Dubai, and Iran. Other universities participating in the program have included Nicholls State University and University of Wisconsin–Stout. Currently there are over 250 international students from over 20 countries.
- Distinguished Professor and Chair Sartaj Sahni receives the Honorary Professor Award from Asia University, Taiwan, Univ. of Florida, CISE, June 9, 2009. Accessed 2011-10-10.