Asian Academy of Film & Television
|Asian Academy Of Film and TV|
Students of AAFT in Film city
|Location||Noida Film City, NCR, India
|Affiliations||Punjab Technical University, International Film & Television Research Center, Marwah Films & Video Studios, UGC|
The Asian Academy of Film & Television (AAFT) is a film school located in India's Noida Film City in India's Capital region, NCR. It is affiliated with the International Film & Television Research Center and the Marwah Films & Video Studios.
Approved as an international-level training center by City & Guilds in 2002, the school was the first of its kind to receive ISO 9001:2000 certification in the South Asian region. Originally conceived as an alternative option for aspiring visual media artists, the AAFT has subsequently established a notable reputation internationally, with students from as many as 55 countries continuing to enrol for a chance to join the 4000 alumni that the Academy boasts of in its promotional literature. The Asia-Europe Foundation has gone so far as to publicly state on the Internet that the AAFT is the "strongest media training centre in Asia".
- 1 About AAFT
- 2 The International Film And Television Research Center
- 3 AAFT Festival of Short Films
- 4 107.4 FM Radio Noida
- 5 Academic offerings
- 6 Asian School Of Media Studies
- 7 Asian Business School
- 8 Asian School Of Performing Arts
- 9 Asian School Of Graphics And Animation
- 10 International Children's Film Forum
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Established in 1993, the AAFT continues to receive the support of an influential Board of Directors, including former Prime Minister of India, Sh. Deve Gowda, and film producer, Boney Kapoor. Additionally, the Academy has a long list of Members, Advisors and Foreign Advisors. Building upon its unorthodox philosophy, the film school has evolved as an institution that prides itself upon an effective balance of the practical and theoretical, using the term "holistic" as a descriptor on its website.
The Academy's Mission Statement is also presented on its website:
|“||AAFT is committed to excellence in film and television education and training so that its alumni, through their work, may make it a better world one day than it is today."||”|
The International Film And Television Research Center
The Centre engages in arranging scholarships, awards and organizing travel, for research in the fields of film and television, and facilitating attachment to film and television production houses for research. It also conducts short term and long term training courses on media research, and maintains a data bank and a clearing-house of information on film and television training. The center organizes and has debates, seminars, symposia and workshops about film and television. It also publishes papers, reports and books in the field.
Its aims are:
- To promote film and television programs through screening retrospectives, seminars and symposia.
- To develop interaction between filmmakers and television professionals. To this end, it seeks to build an international exchange program of professionals.
- To exchange film and television programs.
IFTC has promoted the fifth biggest film festival of India, the Global Festival Of Films on Peace and Spirituality. AAFT is better institute fotr mass&media.
AAFT Festival of Short Films
International Film and Television Club has its annual festival of short films. The festival is divided into films made in India and those made abroad. The winner gets an opportunity to make another short film at the cost of the center.
107.4 FM Radio Noida
The first radio station of Film City Noida is approved by India's Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Ministry of Home Affairs. It is a community radio venture. The station targets the 2 million people in the populations of Noida and Delhi.
3-month programs: Production, Direction, TV Journalism; Video Editing and Sound Recording; Camera and Lighting Techniques; Acting and Presentation; TV Graphics and Animation; Still Photography and Journalism; Sound Recording and Radio Production; and Mass Media Research and Planning
- PGD in Camera and Lighting Techniques
- PGD in Post Production
- Visual Communication; Acting for Film and TV
- Post Graduate Diploma
- Media Management; TV Journalism and Communication; Film and TV Production; Print and Photo Journalism; Advertising Mass Communication; and Multimedia
Asian School Of Media Studies
- MSC Multimedia Technologies
- M.A in Cinema
- MSC in Mass Communication
- M.A in Radio and TV
- M.C.A (Master of Computer Applications )
- BSC Multimedia Technologies
- B.A in Cinema
- BSC in Mass Communication
- B.A in Radio and TV
- B.C.A (Bachelors of Computer Applications
Asian Business School
Asian Business School is a business school which offers an MBA in Media Management. This course was launched along with regular MBA programmes. The school also offers MBAs and BBAs in Marketing, Finance, Information Technology, International Business, and Human Resources Management.
Additional PGDs are available in Event Management, Portfolio Management, Insurance Management, [[Retail Management]], BPO/KPO Management, Health Management, and Media Management.
Asian School Of Performing Arts
A school has been created by the management of AAFT for acting training.
Asian School Of Graphics And Animation
This school has been designed to give an international level of education in the field of Graphics and Animation, as well as other allied departments in Multimedia.
International Children's Film Forum
The International Children’s Film Forum (ICFF) was established by Sandeep Marwah, President of Marwah, to support the government-funded Children’s Film Society of India’s task of producing, distributing and exhibiting films for children.
- culture360.org (12 June 2011). "Asian Academy Of Film & Television" (Web page). http://film.culture360.org/. Asia-Europe Foundation. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "RESOURCE DIRECTORY ASIAN ACADEMY OF FILM & TELEVISION" (Web page). SEA Images: Promoting film exchange between Asia and Europe. Asia-Europe Foundation. 2004. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "ABOUT US" (Web page). http://www.aaft.com/. Asian Academy of Film & TV Marwah Studios Complex. 2008–2009. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "ABOUT US: Mission Statement" (Web page). http://www.aaft.com/. Asian Academy of Film & TV Marwah Studios Complex. 2008–2009. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "Radio Noida website". Radio Noida 107.4 fm. Retrieved 9 December 2011.
- "ABS website". Asian Business School. Retrieved 9 December 2011.