Aslan bey Gardashov
|Aslan bey Gardashov
Aslan bəy Qardaşov
|Minister of Agriculture of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (ADR)|
April 14, 1919 – December 22, 1919
|President||Nasib Yusifbeyli Prime Minister, (Chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament)|
|Preceded by||Khosrov bey Sultanov|
|Succeeded by||Ahmed bey Pepinov|
Tala, Zaqatala Rayon, Azerbaijan
Aslan bey Gardashov Aliagha oglu (Azerbaijani: Aslan bəy Qardaşov Əliağa oğlu; 1866–1920) was an Azerbaijani statesman who served as Minister of Agriculture in the fourth cabinet of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, and was member of Parliament of Azerbaijan.
Gardashov was born in Tala village of Zaqatala Rayon, Azerbaijan. He studied in Zaqatala uyezd school and graduated from Pedagogical Seminary. Before the February Revolution, he attended the Istanbul University and was a member of the Transcaucasian Sejm. After the revolution he joined the ranks of Musavat.
Gardashov was a member of the Azerbaijani National Council on the eve of declaration of independence who voted in favor of establishing an independent republic. After establishment of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic on May 28, 1918, Gardashov was elected to the National Assembly of Azerbaijan from Ahrar Party. When the fourth government under Nasib Yusifbeyli was formed on April 14, 1919, he was appointed Minister of Agriculture of ADR.
After Bolshevik take over of Azerbaijan on April 28, 1920, Gardashov was one of the members of Azerbaijani parliament who voted in favor of giving up the power to Bolsheviks. He was subsequently arrested and executed by Bolsheviks.
- Azerbaijani National Council
- Cabinets of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic (1918-1920)
- Current Cabinet of Azerbaijan Republic
- Vekilov, R.A. (1998). ИСТОРИЯ ВОЗНИКНОВЕНИЯ АЗЕРБАЙДЖАНСКОЙ РЕСПУБЛИКИ [History of establishment of Azerbaijan Republic]. Baku: Elm. p. 25. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Biographies Bank. Aslan bəy Qardaşov". Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "AZƏRBAYCAN XALQ CÜMHURİYYƏTİ - ŞƏRQDƏ İLK PARLAMENTLİ RESPUBLİKA" [Azerbaijan Democratic Republic - First Republic in the East]. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "93 il öncə Azərbaycana doğan 28 may günəşi" [The May 28th sun that rose in Azerbaijan 93 years ago]. Azadliq. 2011-05-28. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Azərbaycan Parlamentinin Tərkibi" [The factions in the Azerbaijani Parliament]. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Nigar Afandiyeva Maxwell (Autumn 1999). "Last Parliament Session. Before the Bolsheviks Came-1920" 7.3. Azerbaijan International. pp. 20–21. Retrieved 2011-12-12.