||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
Aslı Bayram in 2003.
1 April 1981 |
Aslı Bayram (born 1 April 1981) is a German actress and writer of Turkish descent. She was Miss Germany in 2005 and represented Germany at Miss Universe 2005. Since 2010 she is honorable Ambassador for Crime Prevention by the Justice Ministry Hessen, Germany.
In 1994 her father Ali Bayram was shot dead by a neonazi and Asli Bayram was injured,too.
Aslı Bayram completed actors training with Eric Morris, Los Angeles, and Anne Mertin, Vienna.
The first international film she acted was Jump! with Patrick Swayze. Ensuing, she appeared in a very prominent role in the black comedy Short Cut to Hollywood (de), shot in the USA and successfully presented at the 2009 Berlinale.
In October 2007, Aslı Bayram premiered with great success in the solo theater performance Anne Frank: The Diary at the Théatre de la Ville D’Esch in Luxembourg. An invitation at the Theatre Festival of German language in Prague followed, and afterwards the German premiere in Frankfurt/Main. Buddy Elias, Anne Frank’s cousin, complimented Aslı Bayram on this project. In 2008/2009 she did a tour with the English version in Canada and the USA. She finished this project on the occasion of the commemoration of Anne Frank’s 80th birthday with three performances at the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles, Hollywood. The Times described her performance in Anne Frank: The Diary as "...emerging as one of Germany's most convincing and subtle actresses".
In 2009, she participated in the Swiss production 180° (de) and the Bosnian film Sevdah za Karima (English title: Sevdah for Karim). For both roles there was no lip-synchronization necessary. Aslı Bayram acted in the national languages, Swiss German and Bosnian. Both films attended several International Film Festivals, like Zurich, Sarajevo, Pec´, Antalya, Goteborg, Rotterdam, Berlin.
The Hollywood Reporter praised her performance in the film 180°: "Asli Bayram in a very few scenes delivers a heartbreaking portrait of a young woman navigating between two worlds while living in neither of them."
Aslı Bayram campaigns publicly against racism and xenophobia. Since 2010 Aslı Bayram is appointed honorable Ambassador for Crime Prevention by the Justice Ministry Hessen, Germany. She also was made the honorary Patron of the Riehl-School in Wiesbaden, which has many pupils from immigrant backgrounds.
In July 2011, she performed the lead role in the international thriller Body Complete, acting in both English and German alongside a veteran cast of Hollywood and Broadway actors. The film was shot in Sarajevo and its surrounding regions, and Vienna. Body Complete was screened at 14 festivals and won 7 awards. Bayram won two Best Actress awards, at the New York International Riverlight Film Festival 2012 and the American International Film Festival 2012.
In August 2011, Bayram starred in the feature film Shanghai Gypsy, a love story filmed in Italy and Slovenia. In the leading role, Bayram performed in Italian and the Romani language. In the same year she co-starred in the German ARD-TV film Die Wüstenärztin (The Desert Doctor), shot in Namibia, Doha and Vienna. For this role she learned the essential parts of her text in Arabic.
- Miss Universe 2005 (documentary, 2005)
- Beyza'nin kadinlari - English title: Shattered Soul (2006)
- Jump! - with Patrick Swayze, Heinz Hoenig, Anja Kruse (movie, 2006)
- Short Cut to Hollywood with Jan Henrik Stahlberg and Marcus Mittermeier, (movie, 2007), in Post-production
- 180° - (feature film, 2010)
- Sevdah za Karima (movie, 2010) - English title: Blues for Karim (2010)
- Sirat (TV series 2011)
- Naked Harbour (movie 2011)
- Body Complete (movie 2011)
- Shanghai Gypsy (movie 2011)
- Die Wüstenärztin (TV series 2011) 
- One Chance (movie 2013)
- The Woman in Gold (upcoming film)
- Tam, Sue. "Asli Bayram is Miss Germany Universe 2005". Fashion Gates. Archived from the original on 31 May 2005. Retrieved 2005-05-27.
- The Times
- Hollywood Reporter
- Sirat (TV serial)
- Miss Universe 2005 at the Internet Movie Database
- Beyza'nin kadinlari at the Internet Movie Database
- Short Cut to Hollywood at the Internet Movie Database
- Naked Harbour at the Internet Movie Database
- Body Complete at the Internet Movie Database
- Gypsy/ Aslı Bayram at the Internet Movie Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asli Bayram.|
- Official website of Asli Bayram
- Asli Bayram at the Internet Movie Database
- Author info at Random House