Asosiasi Industri Rekaman Indonesia
It was established in 1978 and represents 84 member labels, which distribute around 95% of the music sold in Indonesia.
- Domestic albums
- Gold: 15.000
- Platinum: 30.000
- International albums
- Gold: 5.000
- Platinum: 10.000
Repercussions of recording piracy
Piracy is not a new phenomenon in Indonesia. Prior to 1988, all recordings sold in Indonesia are unauthorized. But in the 1990s, the number was reduced to 20%, with retail value of pirate recordings in 1995, estimated at US$15 million. In the early 2000s, piracy rate was increase back to a higher levels, which was at 55% in 2001, and 85% in 2003. Usually, piracy are hitting domestic artists in particular.
- IFPI (as of Sep 2010)
- Music Markets Growing, Says WEA Chief Ertegun. Billboard. January 22, 1983. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Warner Music International Forms New Affiliate In Indonesia. Billboard. July 6, 1996. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- The Year In Asia. Billboard. December 29, 2001. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Indonesian Music Execs Air Concerns. Billboard. May 17, 2003. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Official site of ASIRI (in English and Indonesian)